|We have 1341 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Dhunian Knot |
The Dhunian knot is an old tradition of trollkin shamans banding together to combine their mystical power. In battle, they call upon Dhunia to heal wounds and manipulate the threads of fate. They can bring a dire troll back from the edge of a rampage or even magically compel others’ beasts to rise up against their masters. Even hopeless battles may prove favorable under the guidance of a knot.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dhunian Knot
- 3 Other
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Prayer Circle - While all three Dhunian Knot models in this unit are in formation, other friendly Faction models whose bases are within the triangular area between them cannot be knocked down or made stationary. Affected models also gain an additional die on magic attack rolls. Discard the lowest die in each roll.
- Wild Communion - When a warbeast within 3" of this model makes a Threshold check, you can have the warbeast reroll one or more dice of your choice. Dice can only be rerolled once as a result of Wild Communion.
| Heal [d3]
|Target friendly living Faction model. If the model is in range, remove d3 damage points from it.|
| Puppet Master
|(★ Action) or (★ Attack)||10||-||-||Round||(★)|
|When Puppet Master targets an enemy model/unit, it is a magic attack. You can have one affected model reroll one attack or damage roll, then Puppet Master expires. Puppet Master lasts for one round.|
As with all Trollkin units, Dhunian Knot can attach Trollkin Sorcerer(s), whose information has been omitted for brevity. The Sorcerer will be able to benefit from Prayer Circle but as he cost 50% of the value of the unit it’s often worth putting this extra support elsewhere.
2020.11 Vengeance of Dhunia CID
- +1 CMD
- Gained the Prayer Circle
- They no longer get Serenity in the Power of Dhunia theme.
Thoughts on Dhunian Knot
Dhunian Knot in a nutshell
The Dhunian Knot is a support unit providing frenzy management (although not actually Fury management) heals and rerolls to help you hit harder. As models go they are support that don't actually do work themselves. One reroll is worth effectively +2 to hit. As they do not do work on their own with a poor melee game and no damaging spells they are best taken as a Requisition option, where they are often one of the most expensive choices.
With the addition of Prayer Circle providing they all survive you can help enable a magic based assassination with bonus attack rolls, but this on its own likely won’t be enough. It’s key use is providing no knockdown tough to a small bubble of your army, forcing your enemy into targeting these support models before trying to remove harder targets. Because of Prayer Circle they have a bullseye on their heads until 1 of them dies so they need a caster who can deliver them.
Combos & Synergies
- Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels - if she's going for her ranged assassination getting a reroll is great.
- Any caster planning running hot. Letting a warbeast frenzy can be bad.
- Leadfoot & Tredz - Puppet master on an auto knockdown weapon with a follow up ranged attack with trash is great.
- Slag Troll - It needs to nail the Assault shot to unlock it's new Peel Back the Layers ability. Puppet Master helps with that.
- Anything with a critical effect will love the reroll to increase their chances; so the Troll Impaler, Troll Basher or Ice Troll.
- Any magic user such as the Trollkin Runebearer, Trollkin Runeshapers, Janissa Stonetide, Northkin Shaman, Horgle1 and Trollkin Sorcerer (or just simply your Warlock) - all of these models get the full effect of Prayer Circle.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They don't actually do work themselves.
- The more you have that doesn't kill the more work everything else has to do.
- They don’t remove fury, just manipulate frenzies.
- Anything that prevents spell casting neuters this unit as their melee game is weak
- Killing one nullifies the prayer circle.
Tricks & Tips
- Activate them near the start of your turn, so you don't forget to put Puppet Master on your important pieces.
- Put Puppet Master on something with a critical effect, to give you better odds.
- Puppet Master can be put on hostile models, to force reroll of successful rolls. Rarely useful, but can make your caster much safer.
- Wild Communion can be used vs enemy warbeasts.
Released in Hordes: Devastation (2015)
Other Trollblood models
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)