|We have 1291 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Dhunian Archon |
Dhunia is the goddess of life itself, of Caen, of the seasons, and of the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. The boons Dhunia has bestowed upon her chosen peoples are many, but she rarely interacts directly with mortals. That her archons are now manifesting more often is confirmation of the dire peril facing Caen. They bring with them the god-mother’s wrath. The manipulation and theft of souls is particularly loathed by these archons, and they ruthlessly punish those guilty of such actions, drawing on the power of nature itself.
- Minion - Dhunian Archons will work for Circle, or Trollbloods.
- Partisan [ Trollblood ] - When included in a Trollblood army, this model/unit is a Trollblood model/unit instead of a Minion model/unit.
- Divine Manifestation - This model is not a living model, cannot become knocked down, and never suffers Blind. Opponents cannot take control of this model.
- Mother's Embrace - When a friendly model is destroyed by an enemy attack while in this model's command range, after the attack is resolved remove d3 damage points from a friendly model.
- Righteous Fury - When one or more friendly Faction warrior models are destroyed by an enemy attack while in this model's command range, this model gains +2 STR & ARM for one round.
- Shepherd's Call (★ Action) - Remove up to 1 fury point from each friendly living Faction warbeast currently within 3" of this model.
- Soul Ward - Enemy models cannot gain soul tokens from friendly models destroyed within this model's command range.
- Threads of Life - Once per turn when a friendly non-warlock living warrior model in this model's command range is hit by an enemy attack, this model can suffer d3 damage points. The friendly model does not suffer a damage roll from the attack.
- Old Oak - 2" reach, POW 5, P+S 12 melee attack
Thoughts on the Dhunian Archon
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Dhunian Archon in a nutshell
The Dhunian Archon is a support piece which plays equally well with warbeasts & infantry (provided they are living). She extends the already frustratingly difficult to deal with Tough troops found in Trolls & Circle by keeping the last few alive as those around them die. She supports warbeasts with an extremely useful piece of pin-point fury management, an ability especially relevant for Trolls & Minions. On top of all this, she is an Archon and denies enemy soul collection and is remarkably difficult to scalpel out. Overall a really solid support piece which will feature in a lot of Troll & Minion lists, and might show its head in the support-rich Circle.
Combos & Synergies
- The Dhunian Archon is Thornfall's fury management. Most Minion lists want to run lots of beasts, and historically have been restrained due to poor ability to manage all the fury this creates. The Dhunian Archon solves this problem.
- She also happens to love being stationed behind a big blob of disposable troops, a signature model class of Farrow.
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Shamblers - Models dying to activate her heal ability can be turned into corpes for the Gator, who can then generate fresh bodies for scneario and attrition. Dying Shamblers in turn can also trigger Mother's Embrace again. Waste not Want not.
- Threads of Life & Mother's Embrace are especially relevant with Trollkin Champions, who can naturally spread damage through their unit. The Dhunian Archon lets you heal up the back line of Champions to whom you've spread damage, enabling the two waves strategy the Champions encourage.
- She also works very well with a swat of Runeshapers in the Power of Dhunia theme, where you can also bring two of her, as they are tough, steady, multi wound infantry she can heal.
- In Storm of the North she becomes a Northkin, gains Immunity Cold and thus casters can upkeep on her for free. Additionally she can gain all ther benefits from the Kriel Stone with a Northkin Elder.
- Madrak2 - Blood Fury and the Cold Stone make her a P+S 14 weapon master. Grim Salvation can be used to trigger Righteous Fury for P+S 16 and ARM 21 under the stone aura. Berserk and Overtake can be hilarious, too.
- The Dhunian Archon is an especially efficient source of fury management for large swarms of lights. Mix in some troops to make use of Threads of Life, and the deliverability of Gryphons is tremendous. Naturally this benefits Una2 the most.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She is a 6 pt model which will not meaningfully do any damage herself. Beware of support bloat, especially in Trollbloods.
- She's Partisan: Trollblood, but only called out in the Power of Dhunia theme. This means that you can't include more than one in themes in which you can field Trollkin Champions. Wah wah wah.
- Anything which shuts down Tough & Healing, especially en masse, (Mortality, Entropic Aura, Grievous Wounds) makes Dhunia a sad panda. ** On the other hand, Mother's Embrace can heal anything, anywhere on the board with no LOS or CMD requirements, and your enemy liekly wont be able to cover your whole entire army with anti-healing, meaning you'll likely always have something to heal.
- Spd 5 & Pathfinder is decent, but not enough to keep up with the faster warbeasts in Farrow & Circle. Be aware of the 3" Shepherd's Call bubble when moving your beasts
Tricks & Tips
- Divine Manifestation makes it difficult for your opponent to get past the Archon. She can block for your caster pretty reliably in a pinch.
- Mother's Embrace triggers off "any friendly model", including Constructs & warbeasts, and with a 10" bubble you should be able to cover most if not all of your army.
- Threads of Life only triggers off "friendly living warriors". Don't get the two confused and try to prevent an attack on a warbeast!
- Two Dhunian Archons can cover the entire playspace with Soul Ward & Mother's Embrace. If you are looking for anti-Infernal tech for Trolls or Minions, run two.
- The Archon's attack is weak enough that it is unlikely to hurt high-ARM allies. As such, the Dispel can be used on your own dudes regularly. And if you accidentally do deal damage, heal it back with Mother's Embrace on your opponent's turn!
- Note that you can't prevent damage from your own attacks with Threads of Life
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Other Faction models
|Which Faction am I?
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)