Dez & Gubbin, Dynamite Duo
|As of 2022.08 Warmachine University has turned into an archive for Mk3 rules (3rd Edition).|
Refer to the Privateer Press website for all modern Mk4 (4th Edition) related content.
This site has been kept online for any players who want to continue using Mk3 rules and/or anyone who wants to compare Mk4 Legacy models to Mk3 models.
More information can be found on the Talk:Main Page area of this wiki.
| Dez & Gubbin, Dynamite Duo |
Mark IV Status: Limbo - This model has not (yet) been updated with Mk IV rules, as of 2022.12. Privateer Press have promised it will get updated ... eventually.
Gubbin grew jealous watching his sister, Flubbin, fly above the ruins in her tiny air balloon, mocking him as she dropped bombs on their enemies. Gubbin wanted to fly, too, so he did the only reasonable thing a mostly deranged gobber would do: he asked his friend to fire him out of a cannon. Dez, being Dez, didn't mind at all and was happy to help the little lunatic learn the hard way why his plan was a very bad idea.
|Dez2 & Gubbin2|
Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest boardgame. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models are slightly more goofy than their WMH equivalents.
- Girded - This model and friendly models B2B with it do not suffer blast damage.
- Projectile Gubbin [ Minifeat ] - This model can use Projectile Gubbin once per game at any time during its activation. This model gains boosted blast damage rolls. Projectile Gubbin lasts for one turn.
|Vicious Right Hook|
- Other Factions
- Infernal players can use this model in the Hearts of Darkness theme, but only if Crosse2 is leading the army.
- Trollblood players can use this model in the Vengeance of Dhunia theme.
- Furthermore, Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Dez2 & Gubbin2
Dez2 & Gubbin2 in a nutshell
They have an excellent AOE gun with a lot of good rules so they are exceptional long range combatants. They also bring Girded as a way for your squshy support solos to hide from blasts. Incidentally they are both Gobber and Ordic, given you full access to the Mastermind models bar Madrak0.
Combos & Synergies
- Gunnbjorn2 - In Vengeance of Dhunia they become friendly faction models to him, so they benefit from the feat. With the feat and mini feat they become an unholy terror for one turn.
- Snipe puts them at RNG 20" on the gun.
- As an Ordic Gobber model they give you access to all models with Mastermind in the game: namely Malvin & Mayhem or Malvin2, and Princess Delores.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Only one shot which can easily be shield guarded.
- Basically no melee capability.
Tricks & Tips
- Released 2020.12
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Farrow Sapper - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Barnabas0 - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Bone Shrine - Croak Hunter - Flugwug the Filcher - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor - Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Underchief Mire - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Malvin2 - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Tubbin - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin1 & Mayhem1|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)