| Dervish |
Faith alone is insufficient to protect the faithful. Thus, the Devout was built to guard the Protectorate’s leaders from heretics and engraved with holy inscriptions to protect its controller from accursed magic. The Dervish, on the other hand, is a divinely inspired weapon that uses its chassis’ unparalleled reflexes wholly for offense.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Sword (x2) - 1" reach, POW 4, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Combo Strike (★ Attack) - Make a melee attack. Instead of making a normal damage roll, the POW of the damage roll is equal to this model's STR plus twice the POW of this weapon. (Giving a total P+S = 17)
Thoughts on Dervish
Dervish in a nutshell
The Dervish is a cheap melee light warjack with two swords, side step, and parry. It's good at getting in among the enemy and stabbing them. Warjack equivalent to an RPG melee rogue.
Combos & Synergies
With two strong basic attacks and the ability to get places via Side Step the Dervish loves models that make it hit harder and more accurately as a battlegroup wide effect. The Choir of Menoth is of course ubiquitous but two casters stand out:
- Durant2 - Manifest Destiny is an excellent buff
- High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza has Synergy - which can turn the Dervish into a nightmare that hits like a melee heavy.
- Severius0 provides his +1/+1 bonus to 10" bubble, but he is required to have jack of his own. Not only id dervish the cheapest one the is, but between POW16 swords he can have (EoM+choir), his own sidestep and Sev's Road to War can lead to some interesting movement shenanigans, as he is able to get up to 16" threat range. Add in non-battle group buff from a warcaster (hand of fate, ignite and especially High Exemplar Cyrenia's positive charge) for pretty strong hitter/assassin a lot of people will tend to ignore.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Like almost all lights it isn't that tough - its ARM leaves a lot to be desired. As warjacks go it's a glass cannon and can't brawl. Good job the Protectorate have a lot of damage buffs...
Tricks & Tips
- Look for ways to side step behind the enemy for the back strike bonus.
Released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Other Protectorate models