Brave citizen-soldiers of the Protectorate, deliverers fire their deadly Skyhammer rockets in coordinated volleys. The shrapnel-filled explosions that ensue indiscriminately shred troop formations, punishing non-believers with the hand of judgment.
|RAT||5 / 1 (★)|
|Unit size||6 / 10|
|Cost||8 / 13|
|(★) Effectively RAT 1 when you include Inaccurate.|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Skyhammer - 16" range, 3" AOE, POW 10 gun.
- Inaccurate - This model suffers -4 to attack rolls with this weapon.
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a cumulative +1 bonus on accuracy and damage for each model involved.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Rocket Volley - If three or four models do a CRA, the size of the AOE is 4". If five or more do a CRA, the AOE is 5".
No changes since 2017.11
Thoughts on Deliverer Skyhammers
Deliverer Skyhammers in a nutshell
Deliverers are cheap conscripts carrying long range but inaccurate rockets to carpet bomb the enemy.
Before the November 2017 update they were considered utterly useless, but now have a solid role - spam AOEs and hope they land somewhere useful.
They can also deliver a hell of a CRA punch with one of the longest ranges in the game.
Combos & Synergies
- Deliverer Arms Master at least makes them slightly less inaccurate.
- Their god-awful accuracy is usually not a factor against knocked-down targets. Kreoss 1's feat can help them, as well as power attacks from jacks, that cause knockdown on targets. Fire onto targets up-close your warjacks, the blast damage is so low, that it will bounce off from your jacks.
- Severius1 is a universal turd-polisher. With Eye of Menoth, and the Arms Master's help, the aiming Deliverers technically negate the Inaccurate bonus. The Arms Master can also give them Combat Coordination, which is a quasi Combined Arms, with the added bonus of occasionally re-rolling damage rolls.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They are very sensitive to casualties as they need to be making CRAs and triggering Rocket Volley to be useful.
- Precision isn't their thing
Tricks & Tips
- Remember, you apply the CRA bonus after halving for blast damage.
- A three-man CRA is a 4" AOE that does POW 8 blast damage
- A five-man CRA is a 5" AoE that does POW 10 blast damage (and might even hit).
- A ten-man CRA is a 5" AoE that does POW 15 blast damage (and will probably hit).
- Arcing fire allows you to target the squishy models in backlines. If a caster is hiding behind a larger base, use a ten-man CRA to target the larger base and hit the caster with POW 15 blast damage.
- Have them use mass CRAs turn after turn to soften up heavies and decimate units.
- ARM 17 is the tipping point where it becomes more damaging to use a full ten-man CRA instead of 2 five-man CRAs at higher ARMs.
- Vindictus protect them from charges and non-magical ranged weapons with his feat for a key turn and can speed them up, giving them a massive 23-inch threat range.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003) as "Deliverers"
Other Protectorate models