Dannon Blythe & Bull
|Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Dannon Blythe & Bull |
The bounty hunter team of Dannon Blythe and the trollkin known simply as "Bull" has gained infamy across the war-torn region for their ruthless determination and efficiency. Wielding an impressive arsenal, they often take the expedient route of delivering targets dead allowing them complete to twice as many jobs while avoiding the tedious hassle of handling live prisoners.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dannon Blythe & Bull
- 3 Other
|Dannon Blythe & Bull|
- Partisan [ Trollblood ] - When included in a Trollblood army, this model/unit is a Trollblood model/unit instead of a Minion model/unit.
- Granted: Prey - While this model is in formation, models in its unit gain Prey. (Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. A model with Prey gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.)
- Take Down - Models disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll. Models boxed by a melee attack made by this model are removed from play.
- Pistol - 8" range, POW 10 pistol.
- Sword - 1" reach, P+S 8 sword.
- Demolisher - 10" range, ROF d3, POW 12 cannon.
- Great Sword - 1" reach, P+S 11 sword.
- As a Minion unit they can go in every theme, but they'll use your "Up to one Minion unit" slot most of the time.
- Band of Heroes They gain Take Down in this theme, which is moot as they already had it.
- Kriel Company. They don't use up your Minion slot in this theme.
- Power of Dhunia
- Storm of the North They gain immunity cold and the Northkin tag in this theme
- Other Factions
Hearts of Darkness. They're one of the few models not allowed in Hearts
- As a merc/minion unit they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's theme forces. See #Other Theme Forces.
2021.10 Mega Update
Thoughts on Dannon Blythe & Bull
Dannon Blythe & Bull in a nutshell
Blythe and Bull are a combined arms duo designed to put RAT 8, POW 14 shots onto their prey target. They seem reasonably priced for what they do but rarely see play because d3 shots is not all that many, unboosted POW 14's aren't all that high and they both die with little effort. They compete with Kayazy Eliminators in Irregulars, as well as Lynus and Edrea, so they are most often seen in Llaelese Reistance armies as a cheap scoring unit that can get work done. Their ideal targets are slow, multi-wound infantry.
They are pretty self contained, just a pair of shooters with prey and forced movement.
Combos & Synergies
- Batter can be very handy in scenario play.
- Batter becomes very reliable with Ashlynn1’s feat. The aspect of knocking Down up to three models can be daunting for your opponent.
- Captain Gunnbjorn as Trollkin Partisans the captain helps their biggest weaknesses, he can deliver them with his feat and cycle snipe to them so they can reach hiding Prey targets a bit easier. In Kriel company they also have the option of Mark target solos. All of this is great for a cheap, self contained unit
- They are better as Troll Partisans than they are in Mercenaries, due to having less competition and getting buffs from the Krielstone if you add in a infantry support caster such as Madrak1 or Calandra they become harder to remove.
- Lord Azazello, The Castellan - his feat and riposte is generally great on infantry.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Kill either of them and you cripple the unit.
- Jack of all trades masters of none fortunately their low cost offsets this.
- in trolls a Pyg Tank fills a similar role, is harder to kill given its improved armour.
- As with all 2 man units it’s rare for upkeep spells to be worth casting on them vs 10 man units, stick to casters who can cycle spells comfortably, have ctrl based effects or feats that favour infantry models.
Tricks & Tips
- They are one of the few choices that can actually consider putting Prey on a solo - after all if the enemy keeps it back then an expensive solo costs more than they do.
- One of their key strengths is their ability to mix it up in melee and at range. In Melee you can charge, get 2 attacks with bull and have take down to deny tough but this is at the cost of some base power, Batter and the possibility of 3 shots with Bull. Go melee if you like consistency and go guns blazing to take risks or if you plan to layer buffs such as Mark Target.
- Blythe and Bull were originally pictured on the front and rear cover of the Iron Kingdoms RPG World Guide, released in 2005. They also appear on the cover of the Iron Kingdoms Requiem book coming to Kickstarter in 2020
- They were released into the tabletop game in Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (2010)
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Farrow Sapper - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Barnabas0 - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Bone Shrine - Croak Hunter - Flugwug the Filcher - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor - Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Underchief Mire - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Malvin2 - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Tubbin - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin1 & Mayhem1|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|
|Which Faction am I?
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters