Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Dahlia Hallyr|
Her own kinsmen do not understand how the entrancing music of this Iosan sorceress tames lesser minds. She has forged a bond with a pale Tatzlwurm she calls Skarath and offers their combined services in battle to those she deems useful. With a few haunting notes she directs this living weapon to swallow lesser enemies whole or to paralyse the mighty with its poisonous bite.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
- 3 Other
- Lesser Warlock - This model is not a warlock (it's a solo) but has the following warlock special rules: Battlegroup Commander, Fury Manipulation, Healing, Spellcaster, and Transferring Damage. This model must have at least one warbeast in its battlegroup at the start of the game.
- Limited Battlegroup - The only warbeasts that can be in this model's battlegroup are Skarath.
- Charmer - When a friendly warbeast would frenzy in Dahlia's control range, instead of frenzying the warbeast can forfeit its activation.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
| Haunting Melody
|While in Dahlia's control range, living enemy models cannot give or receive orders, and cannot make melee or ranged attacks targeting Dahlia.|
| Mist Walker
|Target model in Dahlia's battlegroup gains Pathfinder and Prowl for one round.|
- Acid Spray - 10" spray, POW 12 ranged attack
- Bite - 2" reach, P+S 16 melee weapon
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here to read the long version.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapon(s) even while in melee, but with limitations. Click the link for the full rule.
- Bond [Dahlia] - If Skarath begins the game in Dahlia's battlegroup, it is bonded to him/her/them. Skarath is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While Skarath is bonded to Dahlia and in their control range, Skarath gains an extra die on attack rolls against models in Dahlia's CTRL range.
- Companion [Dahlia Hallyr] - This model only comes with Dahlia Hallyr, is part of their battlegroup, and if Dahlia Hallyr dies this model is RFP'd.
- Serpentine - This model can't slam, can't trample, and can't be knocked down.
|When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within the caster's command range, the caster can make one basic melee or ranged attack targeting that model, then Counterblast expires. Counterblast lasts for one round.|
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath in a nutshell
Skarath is a very handy warbeast with a great gun, passable melee ability, and solid defensive abilities. Dahlia grants Skarath pathfinder, prowl and murderous (Bond) and has an upkeep that gives melee units fits. They're a solid pick and can often hold down zones on their own.
Combos & Synergies
- Dr. Arkadius can use his Combat Syringe (Specifically Raw Adrenaline) to give Skarath a fully boosted spray.
- Magnus2 or Ossrum can put Bullet Dodger on Skarath. With Wrongeye casting Star Crossed nearby, Skarath is a very difficult snake to hit.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Expensive and Skarath is only POW 16.
Tricks & Tips
- Haunting Melody prevents living warrior models from making attacks against Dahlia, but it also keeps them from giving or receiving orders, which can really mess armies up.
Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions
Other Theme Forces
Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Saxon Orrik - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2019.07|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.
Missing the Attack Roll
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters
Note to Editors