Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
|We have 1330 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Dahlia Hallyr|
Her own kinsmen do not understand how the entrancing music of this Iosan sorceress tames lesser minds. She has forged a bond with a pale Tatzlwurm she calls Skarath and offers their combined services in battle to those she deems useful. With a few haunting notes she directs this living weapon to swallow lesser enemies whole or to paralyse the mighty with its poisonous bite.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
- 3 Other
- Lesser Warlock - 1) This model is not a warlock but has the following warlock special rules: Battlegroup Commander, Fury Manipulation, Healing, Spellcaster, and Transferring Damage. 2) This model must have at least one warbeast in its battlegroup at the start of the game.
- Limited Battlegroup - The only warbeast that can be in this model's battlegroup are Skarath.
- Charmer - When a friendly warbeast would frenzy in this model's control range, instead of frenzying the warbeast can forfeit its activation.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
| Haunting Melody
|While in the spellcaster's control range, living enemy models cannot give or receive orders, and cannot make melee or ranged attacks targeting this model.|
| Mist Walker
|Target model in the spellcaster's battlegroup gains Pathfinder and Prowl for one round.|
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here for a newbie-friendly recap, or click here for the full rules.
- Bond [ Dahlia ] - If this model begins the game in Dahlia's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Dahlia and in their control range, Skarath gains an extra die on attack rolls against models in Dahlia's CTRL range.
- Companion [ Dahlia Hallyr ] - This model is included in any army that includes Dahlia Hallyr. If Hallyr is destroyed or removed from play, remove this model from play. This model is part of Hallyr's battlegroup.
- Serpentine - This model cannot make slam or trample power attacks and cannot become knocked down.
|When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within the spellcaster's command range, the spellcaster can make one basic melee or ranged attack targeting that model, then Counterblast expires. Counterblast lasts for one round.|
- Other Factions
- Hearts of Darkness. (Infernals) They can only go in this theme if Crosse2 is leading the army. Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath become Infernal models in this theme.
- Secret Masters (Circle) Secret Masters does not have a limit to the number of minion solos that may be taken.
- As a merc/minion model they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's themes. See #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath in a nutshell
Skarath is a very handy warbeast with a great gun, passable melee ability, and solid defensive abilities. Dahlia grants Skarath pathfinder, prowl and murderous (Bond) and has an upkeep that gives melee units fits. They're a decent, if overpriced pick, but the game has largely passed them by.
Combos & Synergies
- Dr. Arkadius can use his Combat Syringe (Specifically Raw Adrenaline) to give Skarath a fully boosted spray.
- Magnus2 or Ossrum can put Bullet Dodger on Skarath. With Wrongeye casting Star Crossed nearby, Skarath is a very difficult snake to hit.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Expensive and Skarath is only POW 16. They're a bit outclassed for their points in today's game.
Tricks & Tips
- Haunting Melody prevents living warrior models from making attacks against Dahlia, but it also keeps them from giving or receiving orders, which can really mess armies up.
Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions
Other Theme Forces
Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin & Mayhem|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2020.06|
|See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters
Note to Editors