|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Daemon |
Recently unleashed upon the enemies of the Retribution, House Vyre’s myrmidons were developed with distinct capabilities all their own. A powerful assault myrmidon, the Daemon smashes foes with its rune fists or blasts them with concentrated arcane energy from its vortex cannon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Vortex Cannon - 10" range, POW 12 ranged attack
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon deals Magical damage.
- Vortex Blast - If this attack misses, nothing happens. But on a direct hit, before making the damage roll, push models within 2" of the model hit 2" directly towards it, in the order you choose. Then center a 3" AOE on the model hit, and all models in the AOE suffer a POW 12 damage roll. Models boxed by Vortex Blast are RFP'd.
- Heavy Rune Fist - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee attack
- Light Rune Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee attack
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Blessed - As above
- Open Fist - As above
- Defenders of Ios
Forges of War
- Legions of Dawn. In this theme Daemon can ignore friendly Dawnguard models when determining LOS, and it can advance through friendly Dawnguard models if it has enough movement to move completely past them.
- Shadows of the Retribution
2018.09 Retribution Legacy CID
- -2 points cost
- Gun now has RFP
Thoughts on Daemon
Daemon in a nutshell
The Daemon is a cheap heavy that brings a decent melee punch (for it's cost anyway) and a potentially powerful gun, but is hampered by its low RAT. Most of your effort when bringing this model will be trying to mitigate that fact.
Combos & Synergies
The Daemon wants models that boost it's effective RAT and range. Defence debuffs, RAT buffs, movement shenanigans to allow it to aim, it's natural RAT even when focus boosted is not sufficient to let it get reliable use out of the gun. This list is not exhaustive, but should give you some good ideas of where to look for help.
- Either of the 'Jack Marshals (Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir or House Shyeel Artificer) can give it Strike True. You'll lose out on battlegroup buffs, though.
- Moros - Paralysis
- House Shyeel Magister - Whipsnap
- Garryth2 - Road to War, Mortality
- Ravyn - Snipe, Open Fire, Locomotion, Feat
- Kaelyssa - Phantom hunter shots against clumped up squishy support or even against warcaster/warlock models can really bring models together in the best ways for you.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Its melee is not great. Blessed is useful, but against a target without some sort of stat buff it's going to get out punched by other heavy options.
- Bad RAT, low range, and kind of slow. See above sections for more info
- While the gun has high potential, it's surprisingly easy to mitigate. Anti shooting tech such as Stealth, Shield Guards, Sucker, Sac Pawn and so on can reduce its effects, as can simply spreading out (though a full 2" spread between each model gives a unit a massive footprint and can cause problems).
Tricks & Tips
- As with above. Use with Kaelyssa to catch your opponent off guard. The AFG can also help out by making stuff easier to hit.
- Applicable with all jacks, but Mechaniks are also good to boost the fists up to 18/16 with blessed to help take down spell hardened foes.
- Ossyan can let the Daemon deal some hurt to Shield Walling/medium based heavy infantry as the additional die of damage from feat with judicious boosts from his Field Marshal can crack almost any armour.
- Daemon is a Latin word, from the Greek and Proto Indo-European daimon. Originally referring to any sort of ghost or spirit, in modern times it's often used interchangeably with the term Demon, which carries a more malevolent bent (like the greek kakodaímōn).
- Don't mix it up with the computing term of the same name.
- Released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Other Retribution models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)