Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters |
After fleeing the blighted terror that consumed her homeland, Cylena Raefyll leads a strong band of fanatically loyal warriors against her despised foes. The skilled hunters of the Raefyll tribe are expert stalkers capable of unleashing withering fire from their compound bows and deadly harm from their elegantly curved Nyss claymores.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
- 3 Other
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- Mercenary - This unit will work for Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, or as a Retribution.
- Minion - This unit will work for Circle, or Trollbloods.
- Partisan [Retribution] - When included in a Retribution army, this model/unit is a Retribution model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Entire unit
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a cumulative +1 bonus on accuracy and damage for each model involved.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Cylena only
- Entire unit
- Nyss Bow - 12" range, POW 10 ranged attack
- Nyss Claymore - 1" reach, P+S 9 melee attack
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- As a Mercenary unit, the Nyss Hunters can go in every Retribution theme. However, they will use up your "Up to one Merc unit" slot (most of the time).
- Other Factions
- Also, as a Merc/minion unit, they can be taken in a bunch of Faction's theme forces. See #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters in a nutshell
The Nyss Hunters do a little bit of everything, though none of it exceptionally well. They're passable melee combatants, above average at range, mobile with a longer threat range than most things, hard to hit as units go. They are ideal for taking out enemy units in cover or concealment. Unless you can buff MAT or STR, you'll be cursing MAT 6 and/or POW 9 when it's time to send them into melee.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything with a DEF buff.
- Warwitch Deneghra A backbone for the Cryx gunlines, Deneghra's debuffs work really well with the Nyss Hunters.
- Bloody Barnabas Pop & Drop.
- Midas Battlelust for 5D6 damage dice on charge is normally enough to crack armor + minions dont have that many Weapon master models.
- Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper, often within Retribution they compete with Mage Hunter Strike Force but Kaelyssa covers their weaknesses with her feat and Blur.
- Durgen Madhammer Can turn them into Mat 8 P+S 11 Weapon Masters with Primed, and the loss of armor isn't going to make a difference. He also has protection against blast damage.
- Captain Jonas Murdoch gives them Assault so they can make use of both of their weapons in a turn. He also has a useful minifeat that prevents blast damage.
- House Shyeel Artificers give them Force Barrier, another way to shrug off blasts.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They're a special order model.
- You pay elite infantry price for veteran shooting and veteran melee that you can't use at the same time by default. It's difficult to justify them against comparable units like Idrian Skirmishers (with the UA) in Mercenaries, Farrow Brigands (with the UA) in Hordes, Trencher Infantry in Cygnar, the Winter Guard Rifle Corps (with Kovnik Joe) in Khador.
- They have pretty average stats considering it's quite easy to hit DEF 14 nowadays. They also still die easily to blast damage and other anti-infantry tech, meaning they will need support of any kind to fix their problems, which increases their already considerable cost even further.
- Currently they are quite overpriced. Worse still, apart of 3 themes (Shadows of the Retribution, Defenders of Ios, The Irregulars) they do not contribute toward the free choice limit, meaning that you'll often give up 12 points of stuff (23 with a max unit+ranking officer) that could unlock you a free card.
Tricks & Tips
They would prefer to lurk in the woods where they won't be shot so if you take them as faction models in Khador or Cygnar using the respective UA's, Tactical Supremacy would be just the thing to keep them alive since they could pop out of the woods, shoot and back up 3" to safety.
- Released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
- Cylena and company are regarded as being one of the most difficult-to-assembly models in the game. Tiny contact points and loads of spikey bits mean arms and legs can fall off all the time. Oh, and they've got ugly faces.
Other Theme Forces
- Black Industries
- Dark Host
- The Ghost Fleet
- Infernal Machines
- Scourge of the Broken Coast
- Slaughter Fleet Raiders
Circle Orboros (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Saxon Orrik - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2019.07|
|Retribution Index (Edit)|
|Battlegroup & Similar|
|Warcasters||Elara2 - Garryth1 - Garryth2 - Goreshade4 - Helynna1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Rahn1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2|
|Warcaster attachments||Fane Knight Guardian (Retribution) - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Warjack Controllers||Elara1 (BGC) - Sentinel Scyir ('Jack Marshal) - Artificer ('Jack Marshal)|
|Light Warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon - Harpy - Siren|
|Heavy Warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Hemera - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Arcanists - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force - Ryssovass Defenders - Stormfall Archers|
Nyss Hunters - Spears of Scyrah
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
Aelyth Vyr - Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios (1) - Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (2) - Eiryss, Fortune Hunter of Ios (4) - Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber (1) - Fane Knight Guardian - Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen - Ghost Sniper - Hermit of Henge Hold - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress Lys Healer - Assassin - Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios - Nayl - Priest of Nyssor - Soulless Voidtracer
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator - Dawnguard Trident|
|Defenders of Ios - Forges of War - Legions of Dawn - Shadows of the Retribution|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|This index was last updated: 2019.05|