You may be looking for one of these:
|We have 1198 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Feora2 (theme thoughts)||Imperatus (Dawnguard and non-vyros combos)|
| Cyclone |
The Cygnaran Armory takes pride in its innovation and technological superiority, traits seen in all the battle-tested warjacks built on the classic Ironclad chassis. With its dual whirling chain guns, the Cyclone can support sweeping advances across the battlefield while suppressing the enemy under a hail of lead.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Metal Storm (x2) - 12" range, POW 12, ROF d3 gun
- Covering Fire (★ Action) - Place a wall template anywhere completely within this weapon's RNG and this model's LOS, ignoring intervening models. A model entering or ending its activation in a template suffers a damage roll with POW equal to the POW of this weapon. The template remains in play for one round. If this model is destroyed or removed from play, immediately remove the template from play.
- Open Fist (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapons
- Heavy Metal
- Sons of the Tempest
- Storm Division. Cyclones gains Immunity: Electricity in this theme.
Thoughts on Cyclone
Cyclone in a nutshell
The Cyclone is a heavy with two good infantry killing guns - and the lowest power melee weapons for a heavy warjack (including Triumph). It is utterly unsuited to killing heavies and is closer to a light on steroids. However, also keep in mind that despite being "pillow fisted" for a heavy, both of those pillows are open fists. Therefore, once the enemy closes in on you, simply move your Cyclone up and start throwing the enemy around.
Combos & Synergies
- It has way too low melee potential, and way too many, average power shots to make focus allocation normally worth. The focus from Power Up is usually enough to serve its needs, save for making a Throw attack, when you want to boost either or both of the rolls.
- On the other hand jack marshaling it, given the number of shots it gets, can be an excellent idea. And as a multi-shot jack it's worth using the ATGM Officer to give it Rune Bullets.
- It especially shines with the above mentioned ATGM Officer. Under the Take Aim! benefit the Cyclone will be shooting at rat 8 and hitting at Pow 14. With Lieutenant Bastian Falk's Rune Marked ability the cyclone is hitting at pow 16 with an average of 4 and a possibility of up to 6 shots. All of this at 16" range with the Rune Shot Drive from the ATGM Officer providing snipe.
- Caine3 made the Cyclone from (near) zero to hero. Thanks to his feat and the ever-useful Calamity spell, it is usually the first jack he looks for in his army list, and often in an obscene number. Under Calamity + Reap the Whirlwind it can pump out 2D3 shots with an effective RAT 11 POW 17.
- If you want to use it for area denial, combine it with the Trencher Chain Gun Crew and the Stormwall - the 3 of them can cover a 19" long area (plus a good half inch, if you juggle out the distance between the templates for 30 mm).
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In melee it hits only slightly harder than a light - possibly the least hard hitting heavy in the game.
- The Trencher Chain Gun Crew can also lay down a wall template for area denial, and they can boost its effectiveness against warrior models.
Tricks & Tips
- With two open fists, an increased MAT and a STR near the top of its class, it can reliably perform Throw attacks against nearly anything not on a huge base.
- When marshalled by the Gun Mage Officer, you can place a template behind an advancing enemy, and use the Mages' Thunderbolt rounds to shoot them into it.
- Unlike the Stormwall's Sustained Fire, you can place the Covering Fire template even if you are not allowed to make ranged attacks (like Issyria's Blinding Light spell), as you don't do it "instead of attacking with your ranged weapon".
- Watch for Siege1's feat in a mirror match - it removes the covering fire template.
Released in Prime Mk2 (2010)
Other Cygnar models