|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
One of the first warjacks developed by the Protectorate after the Cygnaran Civil War was the Crusader, a massive warjack boasting heavy armor and capable of crushing attacks. It has served as the foundation for several masterpieces of war. The Templar, for one, smashes enemies with overwhelming force from an unassailable position behind its thick shield. Of more recent production, the Vanquisher wields a great “blazing star” spiked ball in one hand and a flame belcher in the other. This weapon sends an oil-filled cannonball that bursts and ignites on impact.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Open Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee attack.
- Inferno Mace - 1" reach, P+S 18 melee attack.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Analysis of the Crusader
Crusader in a nutshell
The Crusader is a cheap, durable workhorse - a heavy 'jack whose cost is comparable to most Protectorate light warjacks (and lower than some). This low cost allows the Crusader to be taken in Week 2 of a Journeyman League, giving Menoth a viable heavy 'jack where other factions may only be able to take a light.
Combos & Synergies
There aren't any particular combos for the Crusader. Anyone who wants a cheap jack wants it and it has very few tricks. It's never a bad option.
- Amon - with Mobility up, the Crusader runs 12" through terrain - not something you would expect from a SPD4 jack
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tips & Tricks
- Harbinger - under Crusader's Call you can get further with charge than with running.
- Even though it is simplicity incarnate, it can still throw models, while his fist is not crippled.
Changes from Mk II
Aside from a 60% increase in point cost - a low increase, compared to many other models - the Mk3 Crusader is effectively identical to its Mk2 version.
Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate Models