Crucible Guard Assault Troopers
| Crucible Guard Assault Troopers |
Assault Troopers are the front line of the Crucible Guard and their best close quarters operatives. Like their Storm Troopers brethren, their alchemically treated armored suits grant the shields them from incoming fire and hazards. Their Thermal Hammers release white-hot flames with each swing, scorching flesh and metal alike.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Crucible Guard Assault Troopers
- 3 Other
|Crucible Guard Assault Troopers|
- Breather - This model does not suffer gas effects.
- Immunity: Corrosion
- Immunity: Fire
- Carapace - This model gains +4 ARM against ranged attack damage rolls.
This rule changed 2019.07. It no longer works vs free strikes.
- Ashen Veil - This model has concealment. Living enemy models without Fire immunity suffer -2 to attack rolls while within 2" of this model.
- Thermal Hammer - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Crucible Guard Assault Troopers
Crucible Guard Assault Troopers in a nutshell
Assault Troopers are hard-hitting, relatively cheap, and relatively durable melee infantry. Their peak resilience is achieved at range, as Ashen Veil and Carapace will effectively make them DEF 13 ARM 20. In melee this durability falls off pretty quickly: DEF 11 (against non-living) and ARM 16 just won't save you. They are probably best thought as a second line clean up crew, as once the lines will have collapsed, they can bring their MAT 7 P+S 15 hammers with Flame Burst to bear.
Combos & Synergies
- Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart - Deceleration makes them pretty much immune to all but the heaviest shooting.
- Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Transmutation pushes their DEF to okay while making them hit harder. Revive is best used on multi-wound models and they can heal under Syvestro's feat.
- Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Cloud wall is great for delivery, Iron Flesh makes their ARM harder to crack, Mirage for threat extension and Disintegration let's them threaten heavies on charge.
- Rocketmen - they make for a great screen against enemy charges.
- Their preferred enemy in melee is other multi wound infantry- they also get ashen veil vs them.
- Lieutenant Crosse, Resistance Fighter - Dauntless Resolve cranks their armor way up while giving them tough. Combined with Ghostly, they will get where they are going quickly and alive.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Their defensive stats aren't really that solid in melee: ARM 16 and 5 wounds will get one-shotted by a charging P+S 10 half the time if they hit.
- DEF 11 is easy to hit, and Ashen Veil puts them only into the "get missed more often than not" zone which means Fire-Immune melee models are likely annihilating them.
- Even with Brutal Charge they aren't going to crack heavies on their own and their infantry clear relies on the enemy being bunched up and on good fire rolls.
Tricks and Tips
- ARM 20 lets them provide a skirmish screen against enemy shooting
- They don't care about friendly sprays or AoEs hitting them.
Beta rules released in the Crucible Guard CID (2018.03), final rules with the Faction release (2018.06).
Other Crucible Guard models
|Crucible Guard Index (Edit)|
|Battlegroup & Similar|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc (Crucible) - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Warjack Controllers||Prospero (BGC)|
|Light||Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard|
|Heavy||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator|
|Units, Solos, Battle Engines, & Structures|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Alejandro Mosby
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Magnum Opus - Prima Materia|
|Refer to Who Works for Whom and/or Category: Crucible Guard Mercenary|
|This index was last updated: 2019.08|
Crucible Guard Heavy infantry is birthed from a number of innovative development in recent years, their armour adapted from personal protective equipment worn by miners in the Order’s mines, refineries and factories, it is designed to withstand exposure to harmful chemicals and conditions, from chemical fires, leaky chemical units, and noxious atmospheric conditions.
While not as cumbersome and protective as Man-o-War Armor, it is designed with laminated plating; Multiple thin layers of plates comprised of Nickel and Tungsten steel alloys and treated fabric that resists bending when pressure is applied.
They are equipped with three types of weapons;
Thermal Hammers, a mastic two handed weapon which head houses a two part alchemical compound that produces extreme heat, which would burn the wielder without their armour.
Pneumatic Concussion cannons equipped with highly explosive materials, that produce deadly concussion waves on impact.
Hardened Steel Picks.