| Croak Raiders |
Coordinated groups of skilled warriors, croak raiders employ a powerful two-pronged attack. Working in pairs, one raider lobs hollowed gourds to soak an enemy with a highly flammable liquid, and then another launches a flaming projectile from an atlatl to ignite the enemy in a pyre of flame. This devastating combination has allowed them to eradicate even more numerous and technologically advanced foes.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Croak Raiders
- 3 Other
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Immunity: Corrosion
- Gang - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another model in this unit, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls.
- Flaming Dart - 10" range, POW 11 ranged weapon.
- Oil Gourd - 8" range, 3" AOE, zero damage, ranged weapon.
- Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 backup melee weapon.
They can attach up to three Void Leeches. The Leech's info has been omitted from this page for brevity.
This unit may be used in the following theme forces without using their single minion unit option:
- Disciples of Agony (Skorne)
- Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) In this theme, this Minion becomes a Blighted model. Also, enemy models that end their activation within 2" of this model suffer continuous corrosion.
- Secret Masters (Circle)
As a minion unit, they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's themes as their single allowed minion unit. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
No changes since 2017.12
Thoughts on Croak Raiders
Croak Raiders in a nutshell
Croak Raiders are a strong unit of ranged skirmishers, able to shoot effectively and to advance deploy and with a decent melee game. When first released in Mk2 they were over-strong, Mk3 savagely nerfed them, and they've since had an errata to bring them back up to the middle of the pack.
Combos & Synergies
- Road Hog - it loves oiled targets.
- Bloody Barnabas Pop & Drop
- Jaga-Jaga's Signs & Portents amps their accuracy and damage
- Any debuffs like Parasite from Calaban the Grave Walker or Mortality from Maelok the Dreadbound
- No-knockdown-tough or reposition from Skorne's Paingiver Task Master
- Other factions' models with fire-typed guns, such as Northkin Raiders, Cataphract Incindiarii or Ravagore
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They're a special order model.
- They die to blast damage.
- They need to bunch up to do well in melee
- They struggle against Armour
Tricks & Tips
- Expect skirmishers, not the Mk2 killers
- Try out the frogs with Dominar Rasheth: Move up the raiders to do their thing, but position one frog next to enemy models. Rasheth then casts Breath of Corruption, targeting the frog in the back (so he hits on 3+ (7+ if the frog got too close and is in melee). The frog cares not as it is immune to Corrosion spells, but the spell is an AOE and will affect close models. The AOE even stays for a round, causing enemy to take additional damage or move away and take a free strikes from the frog.
- Although the box they come in labels them a "Minion Gatorman Unit" this is a holdover from Mk2. Croaks are their own thing.
- Released in Hordes: Devastation (I think?) (2015)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion units you can take.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion units you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion units you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models