|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Conservator |
The arcane displacer drive represented a major breakthrough in vector design. Freed from the hampering influence of gravity, heavy vectors equipped with this technology—such as the Conservator, Assimilator, and Modulator—gain unparalleled freedom of movement. The Conservator is equipped with heavy shields and low-traction gyros that allow it to intercept attacks.
Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack used by the Convergence. It swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node, and this changes how it gets access to focus. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's. Click here for a full rundown
- Hand of Vengeance - When one or more friendly Faction warrior models are destroyed or RFP'd by enemy attacks while within 5" of this model, this model gains +2 to melee attack & damage rolls for one round.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
|Ablator Blade (x2)|
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Conservator
Conservator in a nutshell
A cheap, tough and mobile melee vector. Useful for protecting important models and throwing, the Conservator is also the cheapest credible melee heavy that the Convergence has to offer (the Modulator having the punching power of a light warjack).
Because Destruction Initiative already has an abundance of shield guards in the form of servitors it’s more common to see a Conservator in 1 of the 2 infantry themes instead, additionally given the popularity of Lucant shield guard cannot be considered its main selling point. You take the Conservator for its cheapness and it’s utility is very much secondary to that.
Combos & Synergies
The Conservator is best when you can trigger its hand of vengeance. This means that you want infantry or servitors to go with it.
- Obstructors : Conservators' best friend, convergence's proud shield wall meatshield can easily trigger its hand of vengeance. It is quite normal watching a blind AoE taking out some obstructors, and thus triggering hand of vengeance.
- Reductors : A bit expensive, yet still can trigger him.
- Transverse Enumerator : Cyriss' only UA. She's the one conservator will protect normally, guaranteeing shield guard when facing an AOE, or Iron sentinel. One of main reasons why conservators are sitting around infantry babysitting.
- Enigma Foundry : An extremely important, expensive solo who needs the conservator around. The solo itself does not have any melee weapon, and due to its utility the enemy will try everything to take it down. Shield it well.
- Transfinite Emergence Projector : Shield Guard keeps the TEP safe from long-range guns, and Hand of Vengeance triggers when a Permutation Servitor is destroyed.
- Asphyxious4 : wether in his battlegroup or not he still gets Bloodthirst, Gaspy can regrow his servitors who trigger hand of vengeance and dark shroud fixes its low output. Typically in Gaspy’s battlegroup he would normally spend an extra point and get a Swabber or Inflictor due to the similar armour value but better defence/greater utility.
- Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer : His feat turn is a real boon to an otherwise pillow-fisted melee heavy. Conservators make a good lure to run out front of your line and threaten countercharges. Keep an Inverter close by to put the hurt on anyone foolish enough to charge the Conservator.
- Iron Mother Directrix : Imperil from her servitors buffs his damage output. And thanks to her field marshal, conservator is one hard arc node to play with.
- Father Lucant, Divinity Architect : While losing the benefit of cheapest shield guard vector, positive charge can max out conservator's punching power and accuracy.
- Aurora, the Numen of Aerogenesis : typically she is an infantry caster but apparition improves its threat range and the feat lets it return back towards infantry ready to trigger hand of vengeance again.
- typically Strange Bedfellows wants cheap models who can die to provide swift vengeance to the solos, the Conservator also enjoys this same bonus.
- Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke : Given how cheap they are casting Redline on 1 and using Road to War you can turn 1 of these guys into a bullet with 2 power 19 attacks and possibly MAT 9 with precision strike to target those core systems.
In Destruction Initiative you get a lot of free Servitors that get Shield Guard, allowing you to have a very easy way of activating Hand of Vengeance. You should be able to have Hand of Vengeance up just about every single turn if you make sure your Servitors are near something the opponent wants to kill, and your Conservator near said Servitor (This is easy to do when you entire army is nothing but Conservators!). This puts them at effectively P+S 17. For a 12 point Warjack with 20 armor, you can't get much more bang for your buck. Pair this with Syntherion's Synergy spell, and you are on a fast track to P+S 20.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Conservators' base P+S is terrible.
- Hand of Vengeance requires your opponent killing your troops. They can simply choose not to play into your hands.
- its low natural threat range often sees it taking a charge not giving it.
Tricks & Tips
- Throw away anything you can't deal with (I.E. if you don't have hand of vengeance up)
- You can intentionally let a warrior model die to free strikes, and trigger its HoV.
Trivia & Lore
- Released in Forces of Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss (2013)
- For Lore, see Lore - Convergence Technology
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2020.08|
Interface Node and Induction
MAT & RAT
Some MAT/RAT examples
Vectors in non-Convergence factions