Commander Anson Hitch
|99% of this website is about Mark 3 (mk3), which is the previous edition of the game (2016 to 2022). The reasons for this are explained here.|
1% of the website is about Mark 4 (mk4), but only in regards to which mk3 models are useable in mk4 Prime and which are mk4 Unlimited. See Legacy Armies for more detail.
| Commander Anson Hitch |
This model is available in one Prime Army, First Army. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
Commander Anson Hitch is a stern and uncompromising leader who has so thoroughly internalized the trencher creed that it might as well be the air he breathes. As a commander in the First Army, he has little interest in politicking or glory seeking. Hitch is a trencher, ready to join his men in the mud and intolerant of cowardice in his brigade or indecisiveness in his officers—or in himself. Soldiers under his command are expected to fight to their last breath, taking no prisoners and relinquishing no ground.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Commander Anson Hitch
- 3 Other
|Commander Anson Hitch|
- 'Jack Marshal
- Battle Plan - This model can use one of the following plans at any time during its activation. A friendly Faction model/unit can be affected by only one plan each turn.
- Press the Advantage - RNG CMD. Target friendly Faction Trencher model/unit. If the model/unit is in dange, it gains Swift Hunter. Press the Advantage lasts for one turn. (Swift Hunter - When a model with Swift Hunter destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack is resolved it can advance up to 2".)
- Target Priority - RNG CMD. Target friendly Faction Trencher unit. If the unit is in range, it gains Combined Arms. Target Priority lasts for one turn. (Combined Arms - When a model with Combined Arms misses an attack roll for a combined ranged attacks, it can reroll that attack roll. Each attack can be rerolled only once as a result of Combined Arms.)
- Tenacity - RNG 5. Target friendly Trencher model/unit. If the model/unit is in range, it gains Feign Death. (Feign Death - A model with Feign Death cannot be targeted by ranged or magic attacks while knocked down.)
- Foxhole Buddy - While B2B with a friendly model that is dug in, this model gains cover, does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS.
- Tactician [ Trencher ] - While in this model's command range, friendly Trencher models can ignore other friendly Trencher models when determining LOS. Friendly Trencher models can advance through other friendly Trencher models in this model's command range if they have enough movement to move completely past them.
- Heavy Pistol - 8" range, POW 12 ranged attack
- Sabre - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee attack
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 to charge attack damage rolls with this weapon.
- Gravediggers. Hitch gains Rise in this theme.
- Other Factions
- Infernal players can use this unit in the Hearts of Darkness theme, but only if Sloan is leading the army.
Thoughts on Commander Anson Hitch
Commander Anson Hitch in a nutshell
Anson Hitch is exactly what he looks like - a solo who supports Trenchers. Feign Death is great with Tough, Swift Hunter is nice (and better on Trencher Commandos than undigging Trencher infantry). Combined Arms is of course great for Trencher Infantry to murder high DEF infantry. He's also a jack marshal without a drive in a theme that disincentives Jack Marshals.
Combos & Synergies
'Jacks to consider
There's only one jack that's likely to be used by Hitch; the Grenadier synergises with Trenchers for three shots, and those three shots go very well with the Jack Marshal ability. Hitch can of course load it, and with Foxhole Huddy he'll get the same defence as the jack if it's dug in .
- Trencher Long Gunners have neither Dig In, nor Practiced Maneuvers (unlike regular Long Gunners). His tactician ability solves the LOS issues. Also Press the Advantage gives Swift Hunter. This means that if your Long Gunners are using Dual Shot, if you kill with your first shot, you can take a 2" move and retain the benefits of aiming perhaps bringing new targets of opportunity.
- Trench Busters can be difficult to use. On one hand you want to make use of their valuable shield guard by having them in the middle of several important models, on the other hand you want to keep charge lanes open so they can use their impressive flank attacks. Hitch solves this problem so completely with Tactician, he is probably mandatory if you want to use Busters.
- If you're not making yourself deeply unpopular with rerolling attack rolls of Trencher Long Gunner CRAs, putting Tenacity on your infantry can really help them hang on to a zone to contest or hold it.
- Or give your opponent a real bad day if they've managed to get several models within 5" of your commandos.
- To little surprise, the Trencher Blockhouse is also a Trencher model. With Hitch it becomes a really point-efficient bulwark for your shooting units, and allows strong combat solos, like the Trench Buster or Finn to charge through from behind.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's not that difficult to kill, and it can be a tactical disaster on the following turn if he dies.
- His offensive output is limited. Even at POW 12 his gun is only 8" in range. If he is close enought to shoot, he is close enough to get charged.
- Jack Marshals in Gravediggers are a rare sight - especially ones with no drive.
Tricks & Tips
- He can load a Grenadier. With two loaders a Grenadier can be ROF 3, RAT 8, POW 15 when aiming.
- Make sure you keep him deep in your back line. With CMD10, his Tactician bubble can cover your army safely from behind your other units.
- With so many Trenchers around in Gravediggers, it's best to keep him located centrally.
- Should he die to a stray shot from bad placement, you can find that you have completely jammed up your own models.
- Often, the bonus won't be relevant until turns 2-3 onwards. Keep him a few inches behind your rear units (e.g. Trencher Long Gunners) and just move him first when you want Tactician to be used.
- With Trencher Long Gunners using their dual shot bonus while aiming, you can use Swift Hunter to bring targets who were preciously out of reach into your range. Be careful using this tactic on a clock as it can eat a lot of your time.
Released in the Gravediggers Expansion (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models
Rules Clarification : Powerful Charge and/or Brutal Charge (Edit)
Rules Clarification : 'Jack Marshal (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Battle Plan (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Press the Advantage (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Target Priority (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tenacity (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Dig In and/or Foxhole Buddy (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tactician and/or Operations Command (Edit)