Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI
| Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI |
A skilled ’jack marshal and mechanik and a versatile fighter, Colbie Sterling is the captain of a small mercenary company known as the Black River Irregulars—a group with a reputation for getting things done even when it means putting themselves at risk. Sterling seeks the most lucrative contracts, with the goal of amassing enough wealth to transform the BRI into a truly formidable mercenary force.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI
- 3 Other
|Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI|
- 'Jack Marshal - This model can control a Faction warjack, albeit in a limited manner. Click the link for the full rules.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapon(s) even while in melee, but with limitations. Click here to learn more.
- Drive: Reposition [3"] - While in this model's CMD range, a warjack under its control gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- Mechanikally Adept - This model can target non-Faction models with Repair special actions.
- Repair [d3+1] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d3+1 damage points from it.
- Slug gun - 4" range, POW 14 ranged attack
- Wrench - 0.5" reach, POW 3, P+S 9 melee attack
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI
Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI in a Nutshell
Colbie is a cheap jack marshal who can repair non-faction jacks. Because Meg is a better marshal AND a better mechanic, she rarely sees the table. One situation where she might be taken in the Llaelese Resistance theme where she can be taken but Dirty Meg can not. The other would be if you want Meg and Colbie as two cheap marshals in Irregulars.
Combos & Synergies
The Mangler is the only 'jack able to charge and use her Crush bonus. Since it gains Flank in Irregulars, this makes it a very powerful melee piece. Apart from that, Shae and Magnus1 both have ways to make jacks charge for free. This opens up ways to abuse Flank with a Freebooter on knocked down targets in Irregulars.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Within Mercenaries she loses out to Dirty Meg on almost all points - Meg simply has a strictly better drive. In another faction Mechanikally Adept may swing things in Colbie's favour.
- She is probably the worst 3pt solo in the game. If she has nothing to repair, she has nothing to do.
Tricks & Tips
- She's the only Mechanikally Adept model available to the Protectorate.
- Released for the spin-off boardgame "Undercity" (2015)
- Released for the main game in Febuary of 2017
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Mercenary models
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters