From LOS Warmachine University
| Shadow Guardian - You can choose not to deploy this Umbral Guardian at the start of the game. If it is not deployed normally, you can put it into play when a friendly non-Umbral Infernal model is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack. Place this Umbral Guardian completely within 3˝ of the hit model. Umbral Guardian is automatically hit by the ranged attack instead of the model originally hit and suffers all damage and effects.
|| Edit description
| Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Shield Guard and/or Shadow Guardian (Edit)
- You can't use this ability vs spells.
- You shift all effects onto the new model, including stuff that triggers on "when this attack hits".
- When you use this ability vs an AOE attack, the template moves too. Because, with reference to Apdx A, the hit 'moves' at Step 6 and the template placement is determined at Step 7.
- This ability doesn't work vs Point Blank attacks. Because Point Blank attacks are melee attacks that are made using a ranged weapon.
- On the other hand, it will work vs Gunfighter attacks.
- Shield Guard only
- Since Shield Guard specifies "opponent's turn", it can't be used against stuff that shoots in your own turn (such as Watcher or Counterblast).
- The Shield Guard does not necessarily need to be in the attacker's LOS or range.
- The Shield Guarder is always hit even if they have an ability that makes them automatically get missed, such as Stealth. (Automatically missing is determined earlier in the timing sequence than the Shield Guard moving the hit.) (Infernal Ruling)
Pages in category "Shadow Guardian"
This category contains only the following page.