From LOS Warmachine University
| Scather - This attack's AOE remains in play for one round. Models entering or ending activation in the AOE automatically suffer a point Corrosion Damage.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Scather (Edit)
- The AOE that remains in play is not a cloud effect.
Hazard templates and "non-hazard" damage templates
- What's a "non-hazard"? Well, most templates that deal damage to models that walk into them are defined as 'Hazards' but some, like Creeping Barrage and Wall of Fire, are not.
They behave similarly, but a Hazard is classified as a type of terrain and also will only have a Damage Type if it says it does (it doesn't inherit a Damage Type from the gun/spell that put them into play).
- Damage templates from spells:
- Spells which leave a template and are not described as a hazard will do magical damage to models that walk around in them. (Example: Razor Wall)
- Spells which leave a template and are hazards will not do magical damage to models that walk around in them. Instead, they do whatever damage type is specified by the spell description. (Example: Breath of Corruption).
- (Infernal Ruling)
- Some spells do both. They aren't labelled as a hazard, so it does magical damage, and also they specify another damage type. For example, Wall of Fire.
- A model which is "placed" also counts as "entering" an area, so the hazard will damage any one who teleports/spawns into it, too.
- If two hazard templates are overlapping, a model that enters them will take two points of damage.
- Damage from a hazard is not from an attack (so won't trigger stuff like Vengeance).
- Damage from a hazard is not considered to be from the weapon/spell that originally put it into play (so it doesn't gain the Damage Type or any other special rules of the weapon/spell).
Pages in category "Scather"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.