From LOS Warmachine University
| Reckless Arcana - Once per turn, when a model in this model’s battlegroup destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack, immediately after the attack is resolved, this model can cast a spell with COST 3 or less without spending fury.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Blood Boon and/or Rites of Blood and/or Ritual Slaughter and/or Soul Food and/or Blood Weaver and/or Meat for the Beast and/or Reckless Arcana (Edit)
- The free spell doesn't interact with abilities that change the COST of a spell. (Infernal Ruling)
- For instance, if you trigger it while being affected by Lamentation then you can still cast a COST 3 spell (even though if you spent focus to do the same thing it would cost you 6 focus/fury).
- (Rites of Blood only): The Priestess doesn't need to be in the caster's CTRL range to use her ability.
- (Blood Weaver only): It's not tied to a specific weapon, and it can be triggered multiple times per turn.
- (Reckless Arcana only):
- You can trigger it once during your turn, and a second time during the opponent's turn (via a free strike, countercharge, etc)
- The model doesn't need to be in your control range to trigger it.
- With reference to other abilities that occur "after the attack is resolved", the timing sequence is:
- If you choose a non-offensive spell then it's resolved at Step 12.
- If you choose an offensive spell then it's resolved at Step 14.
- If you have another ability that triggers at Step 12 (such as Iona1 having Overtake), you can either cast a non-offensive spell and resolve both things at Step 12 in any order, or you can resolve the other ability at Step 12 then cast an offensive spell at Step 14. Note that you cannot cast an offensive spell at Step 14 then go back to Step 12 to resolve the other ability.
- (Infernal Ruling for all of the above)
- Multiple Attacks
- If when you destroy the model, you get a free melee/ranged attack as well as the free spell (for instance you cast Black Spot on them), then you need to follow the "attack-generating abilities" rule in the core rulebook and make sure you only make one bonus attack:
- You can cast a non-offensive spell (step 12) then get the free melee/ranged attack (step 14); or
- You can cast an offensive spell (which is an attack) and forgo the free melee/ranged attack.
- (Locked Thread)
- If the model that triggered the free spell has Berserk and something is in its melee range, you don't get a choice of offensive spell or non-offensive. You have to choose either
- a non-offensive spell plus the compulsory melee attack, or
- no spell at all plus the compulsory melee.
- (Locked Thread)
- Spells outside of caster's activation
- Some versions of this ability let the caster get a free spell when something else kills something. In this case:
- The caster can channel the spell if they want. (Infernal Ruling)
- The spell is cast during the other model's activation, so that model can potentially trigger any of their own activation-only abilities.
Specifically, if one of Deathchev's warjack triggers Meat for the Beast, and Deathchev casts Abattoir for all warjacks to get a free attack, then the active warjack can boost the Abattoir attack, use Overtake, etc.
- For similar logic, spells that "can only be cast once per activation" (such as Abattoir) can be cast twice per turn via this sort of ability. (Infernal Ruling)
Pages in category "Reckless Arcana"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.