From LOS Warmachine University
| Infernal Master - This model is the Infernal equivalent of a warcaster or warlock. They have a number of unique rules (which you can read here), but fulfil the same role; namely, being really awesome at everything.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Infernal Master (Edit)
- ESSENCE or ESS (uppercase) is the stat printed on the model's card. Essence (lowercase) refers to how many essence points a model currently has.
- Your CTRL area is double your ESSENCE stat, not double your essence points. (Infernal Ruling)
- Casting spells or using feats is an anytime ability (see below), but with the extra restriction that you can't use them on the same turn you run even before you run.
- Replenishing Essence
- Can vs Must: Replenishing is optional (it uses the word can) and the model chooses either Sacrificing or Leeching, as per the Essence manipulation rule. If it chooses Sacrifice, it must sacrifice a model.
- The "sacrifice a non-soulless model" technically means any model lacking the soulless icon, so you could sacrifice a warjack etc. However there is a temporary TO Ruling saying you can only sacrifice models that produce a soul token when they are destroyed. (Tournament Organiser Ruling)
- Transferring Damage
- If both the master and the horror are damaged by the same attack (such as an AOE), then you need to apply the 'normal' damage to the horror before the transferred damage. This distinction can be important when you're working out who/what actually destroyed the horror. (Infernal Ruling)
- If there is too much damage for the warbeast and it "overlaps" back to the warlock, then that damage is considered ... unsure at this time. (Infernal Checking)
Restrictions on "Any Time" abilities
- "Any Time" abilities can be used at any time during a model/unit's activation, except:
- Before any compulsory forfeiture of movement/action. See step 2 of the activation sequence, appendix A.
- After the model with the "Any Time" ability has had their activation end "prematurely". By this I mean you resolved something which includes the phrase "its activation ends". Examples include:
- Running, failing a charge, or failing a slam.
- Abilities that include "then its activation ends" (such as Reposition and Teleport).
- In between declaring your charge target and making your charge movement. (Infernal Ruling)
- In between completing your charge movement and determining whether it was a successful charge. (Infernal Ruling)
- When you're in the middle of moving. (Note: Impact Attacks count as being in the middle of movement).
- When you're in the middle of an attack. Which also includes effects that occur "after the attack is resolved".
(Although the attack is "resolved" at Step 11, in terms of using an "Any Time" ability the attack is not "finished" until after Step 14. Refer to the first paragraph of Apdx A.)
- Your opponent interrupted your activation to trigger one of their own abilities (such as Countercharge).
- Warcasters/warlocks/etc can normally cast a spell or use their feat "At any time". However, there is a core rule saying they cannot do so on the same activation that they run. So, they are subject to all the same restrictions listed above, plus they can't cast/feat before running.
- Units: See below.
- In general you can use "Any Time" abilities while you're knocked down or stationary (except Spells and Feats which specify you can't).
- If you have a gun with a random ROF, you can use an "Any Time" ability inbetween rolling the number of shots and actually making the first attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- Units with "Any Time" abilities
- You cannot use an "Any Time" ability before issuing/receiving orders. See step 1 and 2 of the activation sequence, appendix A.
- A model in a unit can't use an "Any Time" ability after they run (Infernal Ruling) or fail a charge. Because that makes that specific model's activation to end even though the unit's activation is still ongoing, and you can't use abilities on models that are not active.
- You can use an "Any Time" ability before running, however.
- A model in a unit can't use an "Any Time" ability after anyone in the unit has begun a Reposition move. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Inscrutable - None yet. (Edit)
Pages in category "Infernal Master"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.