From LOS Warmachine University
| From the 2020.02 edition of the core rules
Fields of Fire
- Page 37 A huge-based model’s front arc is marked on its base. Its front arc is further divided into two 90° fields of fire. These fields of fire determine which models a huge-based model can target with its weapons, depending on the location of those weapons. Weapons located on a huge-based model’s left side (L) can be used to target only models in its left field of fire, and weapons located on its right side (R) can be used to target only models in its right field of fire. Weapons with locations “S,” “H,” or “—” can be used to target models in either field of fire. If any part of a model’s base is on the line separating the left and right fields of fire, the model is considered to be in both fields of fire.
Concealment, Cover, LOS
- Page 49 Concealment & Cover - Huge-based models never gain the DEF bonuses from concealment or cover.
- Page 60 Clouds - Cloud effects do not block line of sight to huge-based models.
- Page 87 Forests - Forests do not block line of sight to huge-based models.
Huge-Based models in melee
- Page 54 - Huge-based models never gain the Target in Melee DEF bonus.
- Page 65 - Combined Ranged Attacks cannot target a model in melee unless it has a huge base.
| Edit description
Rules Clarification: Huge Bases
- Huge Base (Edit)
- Coming on a huge base triggers a bunch of rules scattered throughout the rulebook. Click here for a summary of them.
- You can draw LOS from your Left arc to a target in your Right arc (and vice versa). See also this diagram
- Huge-based models get bonus distance on Power Attack Slams. But this bonus doesn't apply to slams caused by other means, such as Critical Smite or the Hurricane's Thunder Charge ability.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.