From LOS Warmachine University
| Drive: Shield Guard - While in this model's command range, a warjack under its control gains Shield Guard. (Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.)
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Drive (Edit)
- If the Drive is on an Officer model, and that model dies, then the new unit commander does not inherit the Drive.
Rules Clarification : Shield Guard and/or Shadow Guardian (Edit)
- You can't use this ability vs spells.
- You shift all effects onto the new model, including stuff that triggers on "when this attack hits".
- When you use this ability vs an AOE attack, the template moves too. Because, with reference to Apdx A, the hit 'moves' at Step 6 and the template placement is determined at Step 7.
- This ability doesn't work vs Point Blank attacks. Because Point Blank attacks are melee attacks that are made using a ranged weapon.
- On the other hand, it will work vs Gunfighter attacks.
- Shield Guard only
- You can link Shield Guards together. Model A is hit, Model B uses Shield Guard to take the hit from A, then model C uses Shield Guard to take the hit from B, etc. (Infernal Ruling)
- Since Shield Guard specifies "opponent's turn", it can't be used against stuff that shoots in your own turn (such as Watcher or Counterblast).
- The Shield Guard does not necessarily need to be in the attacker's LOS or range.
- The Shield Guarder is always hit even if they have an ability that makes them automatically get missed, such as Stealth. (Automatically missing is determined earlier in the timing sequence than the Shield Guard moving the hit.) (Infernal Ruling)
Pages in category "Drive Shield Guard"
This category contains only the following page.