From LOS Warmachine University
| Burning Ground - If the Revelator directly hits an enemy with this weapon, the AOE remains in play for one round as a hazard. Models without Flight that walk around in it suffer a POW 12 fire damage roll and continuous fire.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Burning Ground (Edit)
Hazard templates, and similar "non-hazard damage" templates
- What's a "non-hazard"? Well, most templates that deal damage to models that walk into them are defined as 'Hazards' but some, like Creeping Barrage and Wall of Fire, are not.
They behave similarly, but a Hazard is classified as a type of terrain and also will only have a Damage Type if it says it does (it doesn't inherit a Damage Type from the gun/spell that put them into play).
- Many templates deal damage to models that enter or end their activation in them. However, if you put them into play on top of models, then it doesn't do damage to those models (unless it is an AOE from a weapon, or if its rules explicitly say it does damage when you first place it).
- Damage templates from spells:
- Spells which leave a template and are not described as a hazard will do magical damage to models that walk around in them. (Example: Razor Wall)
- Spells which leave a template and are hazards will not do magical damage to models that walk around in them. Instead, they do whatever damage type is specified by the spell description. (Example: Breath of Corruption).
- (Infernal Ruling)
- Some spells do both. They aren't labelled as a hazard, so it does magical damage, and also they specify another damage type. For example, Wall of Fire.
- A model which is "placed" also counts as "entering" an area, so the hazard will damage any one who teleports/spawns into it, too.
- If two hazard templates are overlapping, a model that enters them will take two points of damage.
- Damage from a hazard is not from an attack (so won't trigger stuff like Vengeance).
- Damage from a hazard is not considered to be from the weapon/spell that originally put it into play (so it doesn't gain the Damage Type or any other special rules of the weapon/spell).
Pages in category "Burning Ground"
This category contains only the following page.