From LOS Warmachine University
| Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per turn. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
Bulldoze changed 2019.03. It used to be "can be pushed only once per activation".
| Edit description
Rules Clarification: : Bulldoze (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
People think Bulldoze works like a bowling ball hitting tenpins.
But this is wrong because the models haven't been moved DIRECTLY away.
Whereas if you move models DIRECTLY away, you bulldoze the first guy okay, but then the next one's path is blocked (shown in red), and you get stuck.
Bulldoze - General
- Models are pushed directly away from you at the point of contact. Some players do this incorrectly, refer to the section on moving models, below.
- You cannot cast spells or use any other "any time" abilities when you 'stop' to resolve the Bulldoze movement. It's just a pause, not a stop.
- The size of the Bulldozer vs the Bulldozed does not matter. A small model bulldozes a large model just fine. (Just don't expect to move a Colossal etc.)
- Bulldoze only works during your Normal Movement. This includes full advances, runs, charges, and slams, but doesn't include stuff like Reposition or Energizer.
- You can't make free strikes against models you Bulldoze (because for them it is involuntary movement).
- Enemy models with 2" melee range will still engage you after being bulldozed. Because they will be exactly 2" away and thus still within 2".
- An enemy model can only be pushed once by the Bulldozer, but if you have multiple Bulldozer models then you could push the same enemy multiple times.
- If you contact a model you want to Bulldoze while overlapping another model or an obstacle, then you can "pause" on top of that other model/obstacle while resolving the Bulldoze, then continue your movement off the other model/obstacle. (Locked thread)
Bulldoze - Charges / Slams
- If you attempt to Bulldoze a model out of your charge lane but it does not move far enough, you can't Bulldoze again. You will continue your charge, contact it again, and stop.
- You can use Bulldoze to get the charge bonus against models between 1 and 3" away. Simply move into B2B, bulldoze them 2" to make some more room, then you can move 2" further forward to get to the "moved at least 3 inches" requirement.
- Similarly for Slams vs models within 1-3".
- If you Bulldoze your charge target out of your melee range, this doesn't break the "once in your melee range the target must stay in your melee range" rule. Bulldoze is an exception. (Infernal Ruling)
Bulldoze - Moving the models
A lot of people think they can bulldoze straight through the enemy lines, like shown on Image A. But what actually happens is more like Image B. This is due to 3 important factors you need to apply:
- Bulldoze pushes models directly away from your base. Not at an angle. Directly. Away.
- If there is a model behind the bulldozed model, the model will STOP.
- And in this situation, a model beside the pushed model is effectively behind it unless you're pushing at a perfect tangent.
- A model can be pushed only one time via Bulldoze.
Push - General
- Pushed models do not change their facing.
- Pushed models move at half rate through difficult terrain. Also, Pathfinder doesn't apply during pushes.
- Pushed models stop if they contact anything - a model of any size, or any obstacles or obstructions.
- You don't get free strikes against pushed models, because it is "involuntary movement" and therefore does not count as an advance.
- Pushed models suffer the effects of anything they move through (such as acid clouds).
- If you use a Push vs a charging model (via a free strike for example), this will stop the charge movement (refer core rulebook).
- However, if the pushed model is in melee range of its charge target after the push, then it is considered a successful charge. (Infernal Ruling)
- In that scenario, you measure whether the charging model moved 3" or less excluding the push distance. (Infernal Ruling)
The Bulldoze rules were updated from 1/activation to 1/turn in the March 2019 dynamic update
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Bulldoze"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.