From LOS Warmachine University
| Blessed - Attacks with this weapon ignore spells & animi that add to the target's DEF or ARM.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Blessed and/or Creator's Wrath (Edit)
- Blessed ignores buffs even if they're not directly on the target. For instance, Haley3's Temporal Distortion spell gives a DEF buff to everyone within 5" ... and Blessed ignores it. (Locked thread)
- You only ignore the DEF/ARM buff if the spell directly adds to the stat. A spell which instead grants a separate non-spell ability, and the ability gives a DEF/ARM buff, would not be ignored. (Infernal Ruling)
In this ruling, Blessed does not ignore the DEF from Ashen Veil, because the DEF bonus comes from Concealment, and not the spell itself.
- If a spell buffs DEF/ARM and [something else] then you ignore the buff but not the [something else].
- For example, the spell Cloak of Ash grants concealment, and models with concealment gain +2 DEF. You would not ignore this DEF bonus.
- For example, the spell Death Ward grants +2 ARM and the defender chooses which column suffers damage. You would ignore the ARM bonus, but the defender still picks the column.
- The Mk3 Blessed icon resembles the old Mk2 Magical Weapon icon. Do not get them confused.
- This ability only ignores buffs from spells, not buffs from feats (such as Stryker1's Invincibility +5 ARM) or abilities (such as Protective Aura's +2 ARM).
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Blessed"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.