|We have 1265 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Bosun Grogspar |
The bosun of the Talion is a veteran sea-salt named Grogspar. Grogspar enforces discipline with the simple expedient of hurling worthless lubbers over the rail with his hook and is a crack shot with a harpoon launcher as well. Against the rare eventuality of a harpooned foe who lingers, Grogspar makes sure to attach a lit stick of explosives to every shot.
Special Order Model
As a result it is no longer available through normal US distributors (as of 2018.04). Instead your local game store needs to contact PP Retailer Support.
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- No Sleeping on the Job [living Privateer] - This model and living Privateer models in its command range cannot become knocked down.
- Harpoon Gun - 10" range, 3" AOE, POW 12 ranged attack
- Critical Devastation - On a critical hit models hit are thrown d6" directly away from the attacker. Roll distance once for all models affected. Models thrown do not deviate. Move models furtherest from the attacker first. Instead of suffering blast damage, models hit but not directly hit suffer non-blast damage equal to half the weapon's POW. Collateral damage is equal to half the weapon's POW.
- Giant Hook - 0.5" reach, POW 4, P+S 12 melee attack
- Other Factions
2019.05 Talion Dynamic Update
- Cost increased to 5 (from 4), +1 RAT, NSotJ affects all living privateers (previously only affected Sea Dog models), harpoon gained a critical effect
Thoughts on Bosun Grogspar
Bosun Grogspar in a Nutshell
Grogspar's key ability is No Sleeping on the Job for living Privateer models, which means they can completely shrug off wounds when they pass tough checks. He also has Pitch, which is one of the few legal ways to throw a friendly model. It also allows any of the Privateer casters to not get knocked down in Pop & Drop assassinations, and protects the Privateer solos.
Combos and Synergies
- Gorten Grundback already provides no knockdown, but the threat of the dwarven warcaster being thrown off of Bosun's giant hook towards your army and then pulling them all towards him with his feat is both hilarious and frightening.
- Captain Phinneus Shae speeds up all Privateers. You might want to consider putting Phantasm on him as well so he doesn't get killed, although if running these two you'll likely be in Talion Charter, where he gains Sac Pawn.
- Drake MacBain likes no knockdown on his invulnerable stuff.
- All Privateer casters like to avoid knockdown.
- Press Gangers are innately tough and thus are perfect for him, they are also a nice tarpit unit, even more so with Bosun around.
- Sea Dog Pirates or The Devil's Shadow Mutineers like no knockdown as well.
- Bloody Bradigan is a tough sea dog solo that actually hits decently hard.
- Doc Killingsworth makes the no knockdown tough that much more annoying.
- Any other Privateer - they are all tough and like avoiding knockdown.
- The Talion Charter - it's a theme that's full of Privateers and he can (and definitely should as he's one of the most expensive solos in the theme) be taken for free in the theme.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's a special order model.
- He is a medium base model in a sea of small ones, making it even harder to protect him.
- CMD 8 is respectable but still not a very big buff bubble.
- Tougher than most Privateer solos but still squishy.
Tricks & Tips
- Bring him in behind some Press Gangers.
Originally released in Pirates of the Broken Coast (2007)
Other Theme Forces
|Cygnar (Edit)||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
|Khador (Edit)||Cryx (Edit)|
|Crucible Guard (Edit)|
Other Mercenary models