|We have 1297 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Boss MacHorne |
- Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest game. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models have a deliberately goofy aesthetic.
- Mercenary - She will work for Crucible Guard, Cygnar, and the Protectorate.
- 'Jack Marshal
- Dismantle - This model gains an additional die on damage rolls vs construct models.
- Drive: Dismantle - While in this model's command range, a warjack under its control gains Dismantle (as above).
- Repairable - This model can be targeted with Repair special actions as if it were a construct model.
- Rocket Punch (x2) - 3" reach, POW 3, P+S 14 melee attacks
- Chain Strike - This weapon becomes RNG 4 during this model's activation.
- Combo Smite (★ Attack) - The model hit is slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. When resolving damage for this attack, the model hit suffers a damage roll with POW equal to the STR of this model plus twice the POW of this weapon. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on MacHorne2
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
MacHorne2 in a nutshell
Boss Machorne is an attempt to get folks to try jack marshaling. The incentive is to bring her in Irregulars with a marshalled warjack to leverage Dismantle and Flank for massive damage on construct models, which most armies do have.
Combos & Synergies
- In The Irregulars, she can marshal a warjack which, without any other help, will have no problems absolutely wrecking any construct that crosses it's path. The theme force gives marshalled warjacks Flank with warrior models, and her drive gives it an additional D6. Thanks to her 3" melee range she is able to set up said Flank bonus quite easily.
- A Mangler charges for free and, on the charge, will deal P+S 18 on FIVE D6 damage, assuming MacHorne or another warrior is engaging the target.
- If immortals got you down, try a Mariner. The extra die from Dismantle applies to ranged attack damage rolls and AOE damage rolls as well, so the Mariner can mince Immortals both in melee and at range.
- General Ossrum can cast FFE on her Mariner, making for some very dangerous shooting into all forms of Constructs
- Shae still loves himself some marshalled Freebooters, and Freebooters under Sam will be the hardest hitting you can field (against constructs which is what Shae struggles most with). She also makes for a good Storm Rager target and the combostrike even knocks down tagets for the Freebooter to Trash.
- When if comes to marshaling, Lanyssa, Bamfist, Widget and even Asphyxious4 (possibly with a Diffuser) support the jacks very well, handing out threat extention and free charges, focus, extra attacks, and Flank enablers with Dark Shroud.
- She (and her past self) are the only jack marshals in Llaelese Resistance, where her jack can receive Choir buffs. Just keep in mind that there is no way to make jacks charge for free in LR, so you need to give her a ranged jack or a Mangler if you ever want to make the most of her jack marshalling, which is a costly endeavour.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The usefulness of Dismantle depends entirely on what the lists of your enemies look like. If you exclusivley face hordes armies without Clocatrices, Wolds, Immortals and the like, she effectively got no drive. Thankfully the chances for that are slim.
Tricks & Tips
- Unless you try to set up a slam and/or knock down, two rocket punches will likely yield more damage against a construct than a single combo smite.
- Spoiled on a livestream (2019.08)
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
Other Mercenary models