|Are you stuck at home wishing you could play Warmachine & Hordes? |
Why not check out the new fan-made War Table simulator?
| Bone Shrine |
Bone shrines dotting the perimeter of gatorman territories serve as both places of worship and warnings against interlopers. Covered in votive candles and the skulls of dead offerings to the gods Kossk and Barnabas, the Lord of Blood, bone shrines are places of dark occult power.
- Channeler [Friendly Faction warlock] - While this model is in a friendly Faction warlock's control range, the warlock can channel spells through this model.
- Circular Vision - Models never gain a back strike bonus against this model.
- Distant Deployment - This model can be placed at the same time as your models with Advance Deployment, up to 12" beyond your deployment zone.
- Immobile - This model has no Normal Movement or Combat Action, cannot become knocked down or be moved, and is automatically hit by melee attacks.
- Spirit Nexus - (1) The Bone Shrine begins the game with 1 fury, and gains 1 in the Control Phase if it has zero. (2) A friendly Minion warlock can take a fury point from the Bone Shrine during their activation, once per turn. (3) When a warlock does this, roll a d6. On a 1 or a 2 the Bone Shrine becomes angry and curses the warlock. The warlock suffers -1 DEF and ARM for one round.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Other Factions
- As a minion model, it can be hired by other Factions theme forces under the "Up to one Minion solo" clause. There's very little point, though, given the Minion-only limitations of Channeler and Spirit Nexus. See #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Bone Shrine
Bone Shrine in a nutshell
It's a support solo that helps fuel your warlock. It's cheap - and and a great use of a spare two points, but being so cheap there's little complex about it.
Combos & Synergies
- Any minion warlock. Especially any that wants to hang back.
- Any that has friendly buffs. The channeling isn't going to help much against most enemies, but does let you buff your own models much more easily
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Despite working for various factions, no one except Minions wants it because Channeler & Spirit Nexus only works for Minion warlocks.
- It does not work with lesser warlocks like Wrong Eye or Dahlia and the Will Work for Food theme is all about that with Rask and friends.
Tricks & Tips
- Deploy it on a flag so it can score it.
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models
Caster - Attack roll
Stealth - It affects both LOS and the attack roll