Dannon Blythe & Bull
|We have 1198 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Feora2 (theme thoughts)||Imperatus (Dawnguard and non-vyros combos)|
| Dannon Blythe & Bull |
The bounty hunter team of Dannon Blythe and the trollkin known simply as "Bull" has gained infamy across the war-torn region for their ruthless determination and efficiency. Wielding an impressive arsenal, they often take the expedient route of delivering targets dead allowing them complete to twice as many jobs while avoiding the tedious hassle of handling live prisoners.
|Dannon Blythe & Bull|
- Mercenary - This unit will work for Crucible Guard, Cygnar, Khador, or Protectorate.
- Minion - This unit will work for Trollbloods.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Granted: Prey - While this model is in formation, models in its unit gain Prey. (Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. This model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.)
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapon(s) even while in melee, but with limitations. Click the link for the full rule.
- Take Down - Models disabled by a melee attack made by a model with Take Down cannot make a Tough roll. Models boxed by a melee attack made by a model with Take Down are removed from play.
- Trollkin - Bull is a Trollkin model, but Blythe is not, and together they are not a Trollkin unit.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Rapid Strike - This model can make one additional melee attack each Combat Action.
- Take Down - As above.
- Pistol - 8" range, POW 10 pistol.
- Sword - 1" reach, P+S 8 sword.
- Demolisher - 10" range, ROF d3, POW 12 cannon.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Critical Knockdown - On a critical hit, the model hit becomes knocked down.
- Great Sword - 1" reach, P+S 11 sword.
- Demolisher - 10" range, ROF d3, POW 12 cannon.
- Llaelese Resistance
- Operating Theater Only if a Cephalyx Dominator is attached
- The Irregulars
- Soldiers of Fortune
As a merc/minion unit they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's theme forces. See #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Dannon Blythe & Bull
Dannon Blythe & Bull in a nutshell
Blythe and Bull are a combined arms duo designed to put RAT 8, POW 14 shots onto their prey target. They seem reasonably priced for what they do but rarely see play because d3 shots is not all that many, unboosted POW 14's aren't all that high and they both die with little effort. They compete with Kayazy Eliminators in Irregulars, as well as Lynus and Edrea and Horgenhold Artillery, so they are most often seen in Llaelese Reistance armies as a cheap scoring unit that can get work done. Their ideal targets are slow, multi-wound infantry. With their cost reduction to 5 pts and the advent of Steamroller 2017 their usefulness has increased as a small unit to be used for scoring circular zones. At two points for Blythe and three for Bull they are pretty good value.
Combos & Synergies
- They are pretty self contained, just a pair of shooters with prey and forced movement.
- In Trollblood Kriel Company theme, they are considered Trollbloods, and fall under the Protective Aura of the Krielstone Bearer as well as Feats and Friendly Faction spells.
- Beatback can be very handy in scenario play and since the Resistance lacks other 5pt units for scoring purposes, they are usually taken there.
- Critical Knock Down becomes very reliable with Ashlynn’s feat. The aspect of knocking Down up to three models can be daunting for your opponent, and is also quite an awesome output for a 5pt unit.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Kill either of them and you cripple the unit.
Tricks & Tips
- They are one of the few choices that can actually consider putting Prey on a solo - after all if the enemy keeps it back then an expensive solo costs more than they do.
- Blythe and Bull were originally pictured on the front and rear cover of the Iron Kingdoms RPG World Guide, released in 2005.
- They were released into the tabletop game in Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (2010)
Other Theme Forces
|Cygnar (Edit)||Khador (Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)||Crucible Guard (Edit)|
| Trollbloods (Edit)
Other Minion models
Missing the Attack Roll
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters