Bloodweaver Night Witch
|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
Even among the Tharn, night witches are regarded as the epitome of Devourer worship. As priestesses and ranking practitioners of the bloodweaver arts, they move across the battlefield within a veil of gore and carnage. With ruthless animosity they leave behind a trail of butchered opponents, taking from each one tokens of meat and precious organs to fuel their own powerful blood magic.
|Bloodweaver Night Witch|
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Killing Spree - If this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, afterwards it can move 1" and make another melee attack.
- Leadership [Bloodweaver] - Friendly Bloodweaver models in this model's command range gain Killing Spree.
- Implements of Death (x2) - 0.5" reach, POW 4, P+S 10 melee weapons
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon deals Magical damage.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Grievous Wounds - A model hit by this weapon loses Tough and cannot have damage removed from it for one round.
- Life Stealer - When an attack with this weapon destroys an enemy model, immediately after the attack is resolved a friendly living Circle model currently in the attacking Bloodweaver's CMD range can remove d3 damage points.
- Dispel - When hit with this weapon, upkeep spells and animi on the model/unit immediately expire.
2018.10 Tharn Errata
- Swapped Blood Rituals for Weapon Master
- Swapped Life Drinker (which used to be automatic) for Attack Type: Life Stealer
- Swapped Grievous Wounds (automatic) for Attack Type: Grievous Wounds
- Gained Attack Type: Dispel
- Gained Advance Deployment
Analysis of Bloodweaver Night Witch
Bloodweaver Night Witch in a Nutshell
The Night Witch falls on enemy light infantry like locusts on a field of corn, chewing through them and moving on. Killing Spree means that she can keep going until she runs out of targets in her range, and tagging an already crippled warbeast/warjack with an attack will prevent them from recovering on your opponents turn. She buffs her Bloodweaver sisters as well, allowing them to murder the enemy just as easily as she does. And a Blood Witch adds Dispel to the army for some really useful anti-upkeep tech.
This model exemplifies Circle’s ability to mulch infantry with impunity. A well placed Night Witch will tear through most or even all of a of a poorly spaced unit. She can be buffed by roughly half of Circle’s warlocks and increases the potential of a unit of Bloodweavers. On her own or with a unit of Bloodweavers, this model adds a flexible value to most lists. With native stealth she can sit back and camp a flag and with two initials she can potentially make an initial attack and keep making Killing Spree follow up moves/attacks, and when she misses can then use her second initial to start up the Killing Spree engine again. Applying Grievous to enemy jacks and beasts will prevent their recovery of systems or spirals, neutering enemy options even if she isn’t killing those jacks or beasts.
Post CID changes means she lost her previously unique combination of Blood Rituals and Life Drinker, but traded them for Weapon Master and the attack type Life Stealer, allowing her to always have an extra die of damage and contribute another healing mechanic into an army, possibly solving order of activation issues by healing warbeasts in her CMD so that the warlock and or Shifting Stones can attend to other tasks. One reason many lists include a Night Witch is for her new attack type: Dispel. Being able to remove enemy upkeep spells and animi on hit is a powerful tool that can swing many matchups.
She may shine best under Iona and under Baldur1. Baldur1 can contribute Solid Ground to a list of two Night Witches with three units of Bloodweavers + the Bloodweaver UAs, creating nearly 30 stealth, DEF 14, no knockdown and blast damage immune Killing Spree bodies. Additionally, his feat granting cover allows them to be DEF 18 on the approach.
Combos & Synergies
- Baldur1 can provide Stone Skin for additional hitting power and Solid Ground for blast damage immunity.
- Grayle can put Storm Rager on her to give her greater accuracy and POW.
- Iona can significantly improve her ability to hit higher defense targets and improve the odds of cracking armor with her FEAT granting rerolls to attacks and +3 STR.
- Kromac2 casting Carnage improves her odds of high defense targets.
- Krueger1 can grant her weapon 2" reach via Lightning Tendrils, and make her more difficult to shoot down with Gale Winds. Remember that the Electro Leap from Lightning Tendrils is optional - you don't want to kill a model via leap if you need it to dig further into the enemy.
- Morvahna1 can effectively make her a MAT9 and POW12 weapon master due to Mortality.
- Morvahna2 can let you re-roll failed attack and damage rolls, helping to ensure the Witch's Killing Spree isn't interrupted by bad dice.
- Tanith can put Affliction on an enemy unit, making them much easier to hit and not having to worry about the damage roll against single-wound infantry. Scything Touch can also up the Witch's hitting power.
- Una2 can giver her Hand of Fate although Una usually has better targets for that spell.
- She grants Tharn Bloodweavers Killing Spree, allowing them to cut through units like her.
- Tharn Ravager White Mane has Veteran Ability Tharn, giving her +1 to attack rolls
- Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron can hand out Puppet Master to increase her likelihood of making an important attack or damage roll.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No way of cracking armor of any kind.
- MAT 7 for a solo won't break high DEF
- Can be one-shotted by most things that hit her.
Tricks & Tips
- Jacks and Beasts only need to be hit with Grievous Wounds to be affected by it. Tagging a beast with a crippled aspect or a jack with a crippled cortex can be debilitating for the enemy.
Released in Hordes: Devastation (2015)
Other Circle models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)