Blood of Martyrs
| Blood of Martyrs |
Fueled by vengeance, Blood of Martyrs demonstrates an insatiable desire to unleash its twin blades upon infidels who spill Menite Blood. Only its mistress, Thyra, Flame of Sorrow, matches Blood of Martyrs’ thirst for retribution, and the two are a scything whirlwind of righteous destruction on the battlefield.
|Blood of Martyrs|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Blade (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapons
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Bond [Thyra] - If Blood of Martyrs begins the game in Thyra's battlegroup, it is bonded to him/her/them. Blood of Martyrs is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While Blood of Martyrs is bonded to Thyra and in their control range, BoM gains Apparition.. (Apparition - During your Control Phase, place this model anywhere completely within 2" of it's current location.)
- Hand of Vengeance - When one or more friendly Faction warrior models are destroyed or RFP'd by enemy attacks while within 5" of this model, this model gains +2 to melee attack & damage rolls for one round.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
Thoughts on Blood of Martyrs
Blood of Martyrs in a nutshell
Blood of Martyrs is an assassin. 13" natural threat range with its two Side Steps, MAT 9, and the hitting power of a Crusader. If it reaches an enemy caster with 3 focus still remaining it's lights out, even if it "wasted" its initials to Side Step into position. And Blood will kill most heavies if it tries.
Combos & Synergies
- Skirmish infantry to die and trigger Hand of Vengeance.
- Thyra, Flame of Sorrow - it's her warjack. An extra 2" of movement is always nice, and add on her feat for another 2" place and you're up to a 17" non-linear threat range. Carnage brings it up to MAT 11, which is disgusting when you add Hand of Vengeance and Choir buffs.
- Anyone else that gives it extra movement so it can get to the enemy caster from further away.
- Choir of Menoth because of course it does.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Blood of Martyrs has literally no ability that keeps it safe. And with the defensive stats of a Crusader it's squishy for the cost.
Tricks & Tips
- Look for angles for the sidestep assassination.
Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
|When taken by Thyra||When taken by anyone else|
|Themes for any & all bonded warjacks (Edit)||
Other Protectorate models