From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Blood Boon)
| Blood Boon - Once per activation, immediately after resolving an attack in which it destroyed an enemy model with this weapon, this model can cast a spell with COST 3 or less for free.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Blood Boon and/or Rites of Blood and/or Ritual Slaughter and/or Soul Food and/or Blood Weaver (Edit)
- Timing (refer Appendix A):
- If you choose a non-offensive spell then it's resolved at Step 12.
- If you choose an offensive spell then it's resolved at Step 14.
- If you have another ability that triggers at Step 12 (such as Iona1 having Overtake), you can either cast a non-offensive spell and resolve them in any order, or you can resolve the other ability before the free offensive spell. You can't cast an offensive spell at Step 14 then go back to Step 12.
- (Infernal Ruling for all of the above)
- If you trigger the free spell from an attack that also grants a free melee/ranged attack (such as Rahera1 with Black Spot) then you can't have both an offensive spell and the free attack, because of the "attack-generating abilities" rule in the core rulebook. You can cast a non-offensive spell and get the free attack, though. (Locked Thread)
- The free spell doesn't interact with abilities that change the COST of a spell. (Infernal Ruling)
- For instance, if you trigger it while being affected by Lamentation then you can still cast a COST 3 spell (even though if you spent focus to do the same thing it would cost you 6 focus/fury).
- (Rites of Blood only): The Priestess doesn't need to be in the caster's CTRL range to use her ability.
- (Blood Weaver only): It's not tied to a specific weapon, and it can be triggered multiple times per turn.
Pages in category "Blood Boon"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.