| Blackclad Wayfarer |
Druid wayfarers act as the messengers of the omnipotents, assassins in the shadows, and heralds of the Circle's armies. Moving along ley lines with unparalleled ease, these warriors of Orboros can rend their enemies with blasts of elemental power, crush them with their massive voulges, or awaken their slumbering predator spirit and watch them turn on each other like mindless savages.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn, when this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its activation, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one Magic Ability special attack or special action.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Prowl - While this model has concealment, it gains stealth.
- Voulge - 2" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
| Hunter's Mark
|Friendly models can charge or make a slam power attack against target enemy model hit by Hunter's Mark without being forced or spending focus. A friendly model charging an enemy model hit by Hunter's Mark gain +2" movement. Hunter's Mark lasts for one turn.|
| Phase Jump
|If the Wayfarer is within 2" of a friendly Shifting Stone, you can place him anywhere completely within 12" of his current location. Otherwise, place him completely within 2" of a friendly Shifting Stone anywhere on the table. After using Phase Jump, his activation ends.|
| Stone Spray
|(★ Attack)||8" Spray||-||12||(★)||Yes|
|On a critical hit, the target is knocked down.|
- Secret Masters. Blackclad Wayfarer gains Sacrificial Pawn [Minion Warrior] in this theme.
- The Bones of Orboros
The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Thoughts on the Blackclad Wayfarer
Blackclad Wayfarer in a Nutshell
A nice flexible magic user. An attack power, a movement power, and a support power.
Combos & Synergies
- Shifting Stones - you need them to Phase Jump.
- Anything that would like more threat range or free charges. So literally everything.
- Kaya3 or Morvahna2 both have Fog of War, which triggers his Prowl ability and keeps him breathing.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's squishy, and Hunter's Mark is so powerful, it makes him a large target
Tricks & Tips
- Phase Jump can let you steal control points when set up properly. Or place your wayfarer on control points and draw him back to your stones.
- If your caster has a lot of friendly faction effects (such as the Baldurs and Morvanhas), consider him over Lanyssa to receive those benefits.
- His MAT is high enough that he has a decent chance of killing a squishy solo on the charge and getting battle wizard off. However, it's usually better to hide him in the back.
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
Other Circle models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)