| Blackclad Stoneshaper |
Blackclad stoneshapers are tasked with building the arcane constructs that serve the Circle Orboros. Fashioned from stone, wood, and carefully cut orbs of glowing crystal, their wold creations are animated through ancient rites and blood sacrifices.
- Stone Sentinel - While he is B2B with a friendly Faction construct, the Stoneshaper gains +2 DEF and ARM and can't be knocked down.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons. Although he can attack with his stone spray.
| Earth’s Power
|Target friendly Circle construct warbeast in command range. It gains +2 STR for one turn.|
| Quiet the Stones
|Target a friendly Circle construct warbeast in command range, then add or remove a fury point from it.|
|Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d6 damage points from it.|
| Stone Spray
|(★ Attack)||8" Spray||-||12||(★)||Yes|
|On a critical hit, the target is knocked down.|
- Secret Masters. Blackclad Stoneshaper gains Sacrificial Pawn [Minion Warrior] in this theme. You can get two Stoneshapers for a single requisition point.
- The Bones of Orboros You can get two Stoneshapers for a single requisition point.
The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
No changes since 2017.11
Thoughts on Blackclad Stoneshaper
Blackclad Stoneshaper in a Nutshell
The Blackclad Stoneshaper provides a damage buff to Wolds - that's the primary reason for taking it. Repair, Quiet the Stones, and a magical spray are all good - but Earth's Power is the primary reason to take the Stoneshaper.
Older guides will say the Stoneshaper is pointless. This is because until November 17 the Stoneshaper didn't have earth's power.
Combos & Synergies
The Stoneshaper supports construct warbeasts. Any construct warbeasts.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- If you don't have construct warbeasts then there are better choices.
- If you can't be B2B with a construct and trigger Stone Sentinel, consider the stoneshaper as an easy squishy target.
- He is unarmed, so you can not declare a charge with him.
Tricks & Tips
- Sometimes extra STR is overkill. Pay attention to your opponent ARM and HP to know if you need the Earth’s Power.
- Stoneshapers can heal any constructs, including shifting stones, sentry stones and the fulcrum.
- You can use Earth’s Power and Quiet the Stones at 11 inches (Walk + CMD RNG), so no need to be near the front line and getting snipe.
- Don't forget that you can throw him into combat for some interesting sprays (only if it's worth it).
- Throw the Stoneshaper in to combat late when you don't have many beasts left to support. It can kill some solo or control flag.
Other Circle models