Blackclad stoneshapers are tasked with building the arcane constructs that serve the Circle Orboros. Fashioned from stone, wood, and carefully cut orbs of glowing crystal, their wold creations are animated through ancient rites and blood sacrifices.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons. Although he can attack with his stone spray.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stone Sentinel - While he is B2B with a friendly Faction construct, the Stoneshaper gains +2 DEF and ARM and can't be knocked down.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast a single spell.
- Earth’s Power (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction construct warbeast in CMD range. It gains +2 STR for one turn.
- Quiet the Stones (★ Action) - Target a friendly Faction construct warbeast in CMD range, then add or remove a fury point from it.
- Repair [d6] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d6 damage points from it.
- Stone Spray (★ Attack) - 8" spray, POW 12. On a critical hit, the target is knocked down.
No changes since 2017.11
Thoughts on Blackclad Stoneshaper
Blackclad Stoneshaper in a Nutshell
The Blackclad Stoneshaper provides a damage buff to Wolds - that's the primary reason for taking it. Repair, Quiet the Stones, and a magical spray are all good - but Earth's Power is the primary reason to take the Stoneshaper.
Older guides will say the Stoneshaper is pointless. This is because until November 17 the Stoneshaper didn't have earth's power.
Combos & Synergies
The Stoneshaper supports construct warbeasts. Any construct warbeasts.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- If you don't have construct warbeasts then there are better choices.
- If you can't be B2B with a construct and trigger Stone Sentinel, consider the stoneshaper as an easy squishy target.
- He is unarmed, so you can not declare a charge with him.
Tricks and Tips
- Sometimes extra STR is overkill. Pay attention to your opponent ARM and HP to know if you need the Earth’s Power.
- Stoneshapers can heal any constructs, including shifting stones, sentry stones and the fulcrum.
- You can use Earth’s Power and Quiet the Stones at 11 inches (Walk + CMD RNG), so no need to be near the front line and getting snipe.
- Don't forget that you can throw him into combat for some interesting sprays (only if it's worth it).
- Throw the Stoneshaper in to combat late when you don't have many beasts left to support. It can kill some solo or control flag.
Other Circle models