Blackbane's Ghost Raiders
|We have 1198 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Feora2 (theme thoughts)||Imperatus (Dawnguard and non-vyros combos)|
| Blackbane's Ghost Raiders |
The Ghost Raiders walk the ashen decks of the Atramentous as sinister blazing specters and over the centuries have reaped a terrible harvest of souls to increase their phantom ranks. When obliterated in battle, the ghosts’ curse draws their invisible essences shrieking back to the Atramentous’ endless flames. By the Dragonfather’s unending fire did their mortality end, and to that fire they will forever return.
|Blackbane's Ghost Raiders|
- Entire unit
- Undead - This model is an undead model and not a living model.
- Incorporeal - This model can walk through walls, terrain, models, and just about anything else. It can't be damaged except by things which have Damage Type: Magical. When it makes a melee or ranged attack it loses Incorporeal until its next activation.
- Apparition - During your Control Phase, place this model anywhere completely within 2" of it's current location.
- Blackbane only
- Blackbane has a better statline
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Granted: Reanimation - While this model is in formation, models in its unit gain Reanimation. (Reanimation - When Blackbane or a Ghost Raider boxes a living enemy warrior, you RFP it and add to play one Grunt to Blackbane's unit.)
- Cutlass - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
Thoughts on Blackbane's Ghost Raiders
Blackbane's Ghost Raiders in a nutshell
Blackbane's Ghost Raiders are a weird utility unit. Incorporeal to keep them alive and give them Pathfinder, and then using their reanimation ability to come back from the dead. An incorporeal unit is rare enough that Blackbane's Ghost Raiders see play to test whether the enemy brought enough magic weapons.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Rengrave has Veteran Leader for them
- The Ghost Fleet means they can be taken to get Free Stuff.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They become a lot less useful if Blackbane dies.
Tricks & Tips
- When giving the Run/Charge order it's frequently not worth attacking with Blackbane so the enemy can't kill him.
- Incorporeal effectively allows them to ignore free strikes from non magical weapons. (Sure they still take them - but they just phase through the weapons). Getting into the enemy's back arc is pretty common.
- They can be put in the frontlines to blockade charge lanes if the enemy lacks magical weapons. Enemy models can advance through them, but only if they if they can completely past them. Place them in positions where enemy models wouldn't have room. This is especially useful against large base models.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
- Sculptor: Mauro Gnani
Other Cryx models
| Damage & Debuffs
Incorporeal models moving
Moving through an Incorporeal model