From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Black Spot)
| Black Spot - Cost 3, 8" range, Offensive Upkeep
- This spell has two effects: 1) Target enemy warrior model/unit suffers -2 DEF. 2) When a friendly Faction model destroys one or more affected models with a basic melee or ranged attack during its activation, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one additional melee or ranged attack. Attacks gained from Black Spot cannot generate additional attacks from Black Spot.
| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Black Spot (Edit)
- Black Spot only triggers from basic attacks. Power, Special, and Chain Attacks will not trigger it.
- Even if you destroy multiple models in an attack (such as with a spray or AOE) you only get one free attack, due to the "destroyed one or more" wording.
- Black Spot creates an additional attack, which must occur during your Combat Action. So it is incompatible with Impact Attacks, free strikes, etc.
- In a CRA, only the attack leader is actually making an attack, so only he will gain a free attack from Black Spot and all the other participants gain nothing.
- The free attack he gains is a normal attack, not a free CRA (although he can use the free attack as part of a whole new CRA with different participants, if you want.)
- The type of attack that is generated (Infernal Ruling)
- The permisssiveness of "make one additional melee or ranged attack" is a bit unclear.
Essentially, Black Spot doesn't impose any restrictions on the type of attack you make ... but neither does it lift any restrictions you already have.
- This means that a model can be in either of these two cases:
- If you have a special rule that lets you make both ranged and melee attacks in the same activation, and as many as you like (such as Dual Attack) then any Black Spot attacks you get can be either ranged or melee, your choice.
- If you don't have a special rule allowing both, you can only continue making attacks of the type you made initial attacks with.
- Abilities that grant "freebie" attacks (like Kill Shot, Quick Work, Assault, etc) do not let you move from case #2 to case #1. Because they're a 'bonus attack' ability, not a "now you can make as many ranged attacks as you like" ability.
- Point Blank also does make you case #1. It is a case #2 model (making melee attacks only)
- Drag, on the other hand, does let you move from #2 to #1 because it specifically allows the attacker to make additional melee attacks.
- The model with Drag starts its Combat Action as #2.
- If the ranged attack destroys the model, you don't trigger Drag and so you stay in #2 (making ranged attacks only)
- But if you trigger Drag then you move into #1 (Black Spot generates either kind)
Pages in category "Black Spot"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.