From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Black Spot)
| Black Spot
|(1) Target enemy warrior model/unit suffers -2 DEF. (2) When a friendly Faction model destroys one or more affected models with a basic melee or ranged attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one additional melee or ranged attack. Attacks gained from Black Spot cannot generate additional attacks from Black Spot.
||Edit this spell template
Rules Clarification: : Black Spot (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
|* Black Spot only triggers from basic attacks. Power Attacks, (★ Attack)s, and Chain Attacks will not trigger it.
- If you destroy multiple models in an attack (such as with a spray or AOE) you only get one free attack, due to the "destroyed one or more" wording.
- In a CRA, only the attack leader is actually making an attack, so only he will gain a free attack from Black Spot and all the other participants gain nothing.
- The free attack he gains is a normal attack, not a free CRA (although he can use the free attack as part of a whole new CRA with different participants, if you want.)
- The type of attack that is generated by Black Spot
- The wording of "make one additional melee or ranged attack" is a bit unclear on what the intent is, but the Infernal Ruling is:
Essentially, Black Spot doesn't impose any restrictions on the type of attack you make ... but neither does it lift any restrictions you already have.
- Thus a model can be in one of these cases:
- If you have a special rule that lets you make both ranged and melee attacks in the same activation, and as many as you like (such as Dual Attack) then any Black Spot attacks you get can be either ranged or melee, your choice.
- If you don't have a special rule allowing unlimited amounts of both, then any Black Spot attacks you generate have to be the same type as what you started with.
- Special cases:
- Abilities that let you make a single attack of the opposite type to your normal attacks (eg Kill Shot, Quick Work, Assault, etc).
Because they only allow 1 opposite attack, these abilities count as case #2.
For example, you make an initial melee attack, trigger Kill Shot, and get a free ranged attack. This ranged attack then kills a Black Spotted model and you get another free attack. The Black Spot free attack has to be another melee attack.
- Abilities that let you make unlimited attacks of the opposite type (eg Drag). If you successfully trigger Drag, it counts as case #1. If you're unsuccessful, it's case #2.
- Gunfighter and Point Blank are case #2.
- Attack-Generating Abilities (Edit)
- From the core rulebook: When a model is granted more attacks as a result of an attack it made, it gains only one. If two or more special rules would grant the model another attack as a result of making an attack, its controlling player chooses which special rule to apply.
- If you trigger two attack-generating abilities (such as Black Spot and Kill Shot) you choose to resolve one and "lose" the other (unless you trigger it again later).
- If you trigger two attack-generating abilities, and one of them is compulsory (such as Black Spot and Berserk), you must choose to resolve the compulsory one. (Infernal Ruling)
Pages in category "Black Spot"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.