From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Black Spot)
| Black Spot
|(1) Target enemy warrior model/unit suffers -2 DEF. (2) When a friendly Faction model destroys one or more affected models with a basic melee or ranged attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one additional melee or ranged attack. Attacks gained from Black Spot cannot generate additional attacks from Black Spot.
||Edit this spell template
Rules Clarification : Black Spot (Edit)
- Black Spot only triggers from basic attacks. Power Attacks, (★ Attack)s, and Chain Attacks will not trigger it.
- If you destroy multiple models in an attack (such as with a spray or AOE) you only get one free attack, due to the "destroyed one or more" wording.
- In a CRA, only the attack leader is actually making an attack, so only he will gain a free attack from Black Spot and all the other participants gain nothing.
- The free attack he gains is a normal attack, not a free CRA (although he can use the free attack as part of a whole new CRA with different participants, if you want.)
- The type of attack that is generated
- The wording of "make one additional melee or ranged attack" is a bit unclear on what the intent is, but the Infernal Ruling is:
Essentially, Black Spot doesn't impose any restrictions on the type of attack you make ... but neither does it lift any restrictions you already have.
- This means that a model can be in either of these two cases:
- If you have a special rule that lets you make both ranged and melee attacks in the same activation, and as many as you like (such as Dual Attack) then any Black Spot attacks you get can be either ranged or melee, your choice.
- If you don't have a special rule allowing both, you can only continue making attacks of the type you made initial attacks with.
- There are many abilities that let you make a single ranged attack before/after a melee attack (such as Kill Shot, Quick Work, Assault, etc). These abilities do not count as a case #1,because the number of attacks is limited.
- There are a few abilities that let you make unlimited melee attacks after a ranged attack (such as Drag). In this case, the model starts out as a case #2, but if it successfully triggers Drag then it changes to a case #1.
- Special mention to Gunfighter which can only make ranged attacks so is a case #2.
- Special mention to Point Blank which can only make melee attacks so is also a case #2.
Pages in category "Black Spot"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.