LPG - Battle Engines
| LPG Articles |
Unique Faction Rules
|101 Articles (Basic)|
|LOTS Articles (Advanced)|
- This article is part of Warmachine University's Learning to Play the Game (LPG) series, which is "Intermediate Training" aimed at new players who are still learning the core rules.
Being a Battle Engine triggers 2 easy-to-find rules (Battle Engine and Massive) and a bunch of minor rules scattered through the rulebook (which we've summarised under Huge Based Model).
From page 82 of the 2020.02 edition of the core rules.
Battle engines are powerful weapons of war. These giant machines require neither sorcerous control from an army’s warcaster nor battlefield guidance from its officers. Instead, a battle engine’s own commander, crew, or consciousness guides it to rain down destruction upon enemies bold or foolish enough to stand in its path.
A battle engine is a huge-based (120 mm) independent model.
From page 67 (colossals), 73 (gargantuans), and 82 (battle engines) of the 2020.02 edition of the core rules.
Huge Based Model
From the 2020.02 edition of the core rules
Fields of Fire
- Page 37 A huge-based model’s front arc is marked on its base. Its front arc is further divided into two 90° fields of fire. These fields of fire determine which models a huge-based model can target with its weapons, depending on the location of those weapons. Weapons located on a huge-based model’s left side (L) can be used to target only models in its left field of fire, and weapons located on its right side (R) can be used to target only models in its right field of fire. Weapons with locations “S,” “H,” or “—” can be used to target models in either field of fire. If any part of a model’s base is on the line separating the left and right fields of fire, the model is considered to be in both fields of fire.
Power Attack Slam
- Colossals & Gargantuans making a Power Attack Slam follow all the normal rules (see Slam), except:
- Page 43 A slam power attack made by a colossal or gargantuan has a 2˝ melee range.
- Page 44 Smaller-based models hit by a slam power attack made by a huge-based model are moved an additional 2˝.
Concealment, Cover, LOS
- Page 49 Concealment & Cover - Huge-based models never gain the DEF bonuses from concealment or cover.
- Page 60 Clouds - Cloud effects do not block line of sight to huge-based models.
- Page 87 Forests - Forests do not block line of sight to huge-based models.
Huge-Based models in melee
- Page 54 - Huge-based models never gain the Target in Melee DEF bonus.
- Page 65 - Combined Ranged Attacks cannot target a model in melee unless it has a huge base.
See also Category: Huge Based.