Baron Tonguelick, Lord of Warts
|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|Baron Tonguelick, Lord of Warts|
- Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model/unit to a friendly Faction warcaster/warlock for the rest of the game. Each warcaster/warlock can only have one model/unit attached to it.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Arcane Support - If this model is in its warcaster/warlock's control range during your Control Phase, the warcaster/warlock can upkeep one spell for free.
- Jump - After it makes a full advance during its Normal Movement but before it performs its Combat Action, you can place this model anywhere completely within 5" of its current location. Any effects that pervent charging also prevent this model from using Jump.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Parlay (★ Action) - While in this model's command range, enemy warrior models cannot cannot target this model or its warcaster/warlock with attacks. Lasts one round.
- Spell Slave (★ Action) or (★ Attack) - While in its controlling warcaster/warlock's control range, this model may cast a single spell from their boss's spell list with a COST of 3 or less, excluding upkeep spells and spells with a RNG of "SELF" or "CTRL".
- Template:Swamp Gas Center a 4˝ AOE cloud effect on this model. The AOE is a gas effect and remains centered on the model for one round. If this model is destroyed or removed from play, remove the AOE from play. While in the AOE, living enemy models suffer –2 to attack rolls.
- Tongue Lash - 3" reach, POW 4, P+S 10 melee attack
- Consume - If this attack hits a small-based non-warcaster/warlock model, that model is RFP'd.
- Pull - If this model hits an enemy model with an equal or smaller base with a basic attack with this weapon, immediately after the attack is resolved the hit model can be pushed directly towards this model until it contacts a model, an obstacle, or an obstrution.
Thoughts on the Baron Tonguelick, Lord of Warts
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Baron Tonguelick, Lord of Warts in a nutshell
A caster attachment for Grymkin! Lord Tonguelick is a dapper, arcane support attachment with some light control elements. We wanted to play up his versatility, because each of the Defiers are so unique, it is challenging to create something that is universally appealing, so we opted to give him a lot of varied tools. His arcane support is useful (free upkeeps impacts each Defier), and Parlay can help protect the more fragile or forward Warlocks. He can also himself play a little more forward, and lay down some light control elements by, uhm, "emitting" a debilitating cloud and reaching out with his exceptionally long tongue. --Privateer Press' official blurb at release into CID
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Beta rules released 2019.01
Other Grymkin models
|Grymkin Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Battle Engines||Death Knell|
|Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.