Artificer General Nemo & Storm Chaser Finch
Sebastian Nemo's myriad innovations from the storm chamber to the modern colossal have given Cygnar a crucial technological edge over its enemies. Promoted to the rank of Artificer General, Nemo now holds authority over all Cygnar's military industry, and he wields his nation's most advanced weaponry. Nemo's assistant, Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch, takes to the battlefield at his side, utilizing precisely tuned mechanical apparatus to augment Nemo's command over warjacks to unparalleled mastery.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Nemo3
- 3 List Building Advice
- 4 Other
- Warcaster Unit - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome. Furthermore, this warcaster comes with some troopers that can be ordered around. (Click the link for a full rundown.)
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Immunity: Electricity
- Lightning Strike - A POW 12 ranged attack with a range equal to his current control range.
- Tempest Accumulator - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee attack. If you're using this it means you're in trouble.
| Chain Lightning
|A model hit by Chain Lightning suffers a POW 10 electrical damage roll, and lightning arcs from that model to d3 consecutive additional models. The lightning arcs to the nearest model it arced to within 4" of the last model it arced to, ignoring this model. Each model the lightning arcs to suffers a POW 10 electrical damage roll. Lightning arc damage rolls are not considered to have been caused by an attack. Chain Lightning damage rolls are simultaneous.|
|Target friendly Faction model/unit gains +2 ARM and Repulsor Field. Models are not affected while out of formation.|
| Force Hammer
|Instead of suffering a normal damage roll, a non-incorporeal model Force Hammer hits is slammed d6" directly away from the spell's point of origin and suffers a POW 12 damage roll. Collateral damage from this slam, if any, is POW 12.|
| Lightning Shroud
|Target warjack in the spellcaster's battlegroup gains +2 STR and Immunity: Electricity, and its melee weapons gain Electro Leap.
| Magnetic Field
|While in Nemo's control range, models in his battlegroup cannot become knocked down, cannot be placed or pushed, and cannot be moved by a slam.|
Feat : Eye of the Storm
When a friendly Faction model makes an electrical damage roll against an enemy model in Nemo’s control range, add an additional die to the damage roll. Eye of the Storm lasts for one turn.
Nemo3's unit comes with Finch. She is not a Grunt, she is a character trooper.
- Immunity: Electricity
- Fine Tuning - While Finch is in formation, Nemo can upkeep one spell for free.
- Power Booster - When Nemo allocates focus to a warjack in Finch's command range, that warjack is allocated an extra focus point.
- Electrical Bolt - 10" range, POW 10 ranged attack
- Damage Type: Electricity
- Electro Leap - When a model is directly hit with a basic attack made with this weapon, you can have lightning arc to the nearest model within 4" of the the model hit, ignoring the attacking model. The model the lightning arcs to suffers an unboostable POW10 electrical damage roll. Lightning arc damage rolls are not considered to have been caused by an attack. Resolve lightning arc damage rolls simultaneously with the damage resulting from the attack that caused the leap.
- Tuning Fork - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee attack. Again, it's not a good thing if you're using it.
- Disruption - A warjack hit will lose all focus points. It also can't gain focus or channel spells for one round.
No changes since 2018.06
Thoughts on Nemo3
Nemo3 in a Nutshell
Nemo's feat and spell list largely dictates what you're doing - you're bringing lightning and you're bringing all of it. Given the nature of most lightning-focused jacks and units, it means you'll probably end up with a combined arms force with Storm Knight infantry and cavalry or Storm Striders that all have effective ranged and melee attacks. The amount of damage on his feat turn can be truly back breaking for your opponent as even heavily armoured models are under threat from Electro Leaps.
He is one of five Cygnaran battlegroup warcasters:
- Captain Allison Jakes - speed and fast melee hit and run
- Captain E. Dominic Darius - brawl and win the attrition game
- Captain Kara Sloan - shoot the enemy to pieces
- Captain Jeremiah Kraye - Run and Gun shooter
- Artificer General Nemo & Storm Chaser Finch - fully loading an electrical battle group
Main differences between the 3 Nemo incarnations:
- Nemo1 is a spellslinger and buffer warcaster, playing safely in the back of your lines, boasting an immense CTRL area, and enhancing a selected few warjacks to perform way over their perceived stats. He offers army-wide protection against shooting.
- Nemo2 can run quite a lot of jacks due to his spells and feat, and offers a bit of bigger personal contribution to the battle. However, his army support outside his battlegroup is limited to a single spell.
- Nemo3 can fuel a horde of jacks even more efficiently than Nemo2 (as long as his sidekick is alive), and his feat is an excellent force multiplier for all his army which brings electrical weapons on the table.
Maximising his Feat & Spells
Feat - Nemo's feat is maximized at listbuilding by picking a lot of things that do electrical damage. There's not really much to say about it other than get within 16" of the enemy (you did take a Squire, right?) adn feat away early to wreck their big stuff.
- Magnetic Field - a decent battlegroup buff. Cast at the start and then upkeep and it takes certain options out of the game. It's always worth not having the enemy able to set up slams, and against some enemies it's overwhelmingly good.
- Electrify is an excellent buff either on a heavy/colossal warjack or a unit of Storm Lances. Extra ARM on tough models is always good - and you of course also have the Journeyman Warcaster to Arcane Shield something else. Cast and forget.
- Lightning Shroud kills heavies and flash-fries infantry alike. You might well want to spell cycle this one.
- Chain Lightning for when the Lightning Generator isn't hitting enough. It's a very good infantry-clearing zap.
- Force Hammer - it's very very situational. 4 cost is really high and the effect isn't that great. Once in a blue moon it's a gamewinner - the rest of the time it's a dead spell.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- His armies tend to end up with ranged weapons that predominantly have electrical damage. This can mean his army has a hard time dealing with models with Electricity Immunity outside of melee.
- Remember that the warjack has to be in Finch's command range to gain the free focus. This can leave her vulnerable to getting killed, positioning her safely can take some careful consideration.
Tricks & Tips
- As of 11 June, '18, lightning no longer arcs from lightning immmune models. This change removed many of the tools that made Nemo 3 popular.
- Finch's melee weapon does have Disruption. If you're desperate, you can use her to delay any warjack that breaks through your line to get at Nemo.
- Nemo's feat does affect electro-leaps, so long as the enemy model hit by the leap is in his control range. This can do serious damage to medium to high arm infantry, such as Iron-Fang Pikemen, or Retribution Sentinels. Just make sure that Nemo is far enough forward to get them in his control range.
- Consider a Hunter for Lightning Shroud. Extended Control Range and a Control Range Electro Leaping weapon can make for some entertaining tactics.
List Building Advice
Nemo3's normal win condition is attrition - to electrocute all the enemy until they stop moving, then claim the scenario.
Working out what to take in Nemo3's army is almost too easy - look at the model's card, if it has an electrical attack, Lightning Generator or Electro Leap it should be up for consideration.
This is where the Lord of Lightning will spend most of his time.
- If you already think Storm Lances are awesome, just see what happens under his feat when every single damage roll they make (bar the mount) uses 3 dice when they charge.
- Stormsmith Stormtower - zaps get bigger on feat turn
- Stormblade Infantry their assault lightning gets a whole lot nastier.
- Silver Line Stormguard bring an electrical damage buff with them.
- Stormsmith Stormcaller - more lightning.
- Major Katherine Laddermore gives you a nice accuracy buff for nearly every single unit with a lightning attack.
- The Storm Strider brings its own set of boostable lightning attacks that obviously synergise well with Nemo's feat.
- One of the big issues with most ranged lightning-typed weapons is that they are used by models with average RAT values (Typically no more than RAT6). A well-positioned Storm Strider suddenly turns vast swathes of the army into snipers.
Battlegroup, Mercs, Etc
- Dynamo - Nemo's pet warjack
- His bond with Nemo makes him a much safer bet and Eye of the Storm makes his already impressive damage output insane.
- Throw in a Firefly to take heavy beasts and jacks off the table with ease.
- Nemo doesn't mind an Arc Node for Chain Lightning, so a Lancer is worth considering. Lightning Shroud makes them more effective and protects them from all the electricity bouncing around, too. Of course Nemo's favourite arc node if you have the points is the Hurricane with its two giant lightning guns.
- The Firefly buffs lightning damage.
- The Stormclad and the Reliant both do electrical damage.
- DJ Thunderhead can simply remove swathes of enemies. Or pile a massive sustained attack into one model.
Solos that are available in various themes
- The Journeyman Warcaster can control a firefly for you as a fire and forget way to apply Ionization to enemy models. It also means you have two ARM buffs between Arcane Shield and Electrify.
- Captain Arlan Strangewayes can dish out a further focus to any heavies you don't want to allocate to, such as a Stormclad who can get a further focus through Accumulator. He also has a spray attack with electrical damage if you're feeling brave with him.
- All of the warcaster attachments are useful in some way:
- Reinholdt allows for another shot out of the sweet gun, and can remove stealth on key models to allow for electro-leaps to go further.
- The Squire increases the range of his gun, although he usually has an abundance of focus thanks to finch.
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr allows him to upkeep two spells for free.
- Madelyn can help keep squishy Nemo safe from warrior models.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Colossals expansion (2012)
Other Cygnar models
Video Battle Reports
- 2018.11 Deathclock Dave 75 points vs Old Witch3
- 2018.10 Deathclock Dave 75 points vs Vladimir2
- 2018.05 Deathclock Dave 75 points vs Thagrosh1
- 2018.03 Deathclock Dave 75 points vs Ossrum
- See also Category: Video Battle Reports for more casters with videos.
Rules Clarification : Lightning Strike (Nemo3's gun, not the animus)
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Warcaster Unit or Warlock Unit (Edit)
Note to Editors