|We have 1265 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Archnumen Aurora |
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given on day 1 of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Aurora2
- 3 List Building Advice
- 4 Other
- Mercenary - This model will work for Convergence
- Partisan [Convergence] - When included in a Convergence army, this model/unit is a Convergence model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Warcaster - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome. (Click the link for a full rundown.)
- Battle Directives - Like Battle Plans but work on multiple models at once:
- Ascension Command - While in her command range, flying models gain Above it All (ignore blast damage) and Flying High.
- Phantom Protocol - While in her command, flying models gain Dodge and Reposition 5".
- Suppression Initiative - While in her command range, flying non-huge based models gain Dual Attack.
- Limited Battlegroup - The only warjacks that can be in this model's battlegroup are non-character Convergence and non-character Mercenary warjacks. Warjacks in its battlegroup are considered to be the same Faction as this model..
- Repairable - This model can be targeted with Repair special actions as if it were a construct model.
- Inertial Destabilizer - 11" range, 4" AOE, POW 13, ranged weapon
- Damage Type: Magical
- Free Fall - Enemy Flying models hit by this lose flight and are knocked down
- Thermionuc Lance - 2" reach, POW 6, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical
- Free Fall - As above
| Arcane Propulsion
|Target Warjack in caster's battlegroup gains +2" to Normal Movement, +2 DEF, and Flight.|
| Bladed Gale
|Models hit with this spray lose Flight for one round.|
| Hand of Destruction
|Friendly models in this model's battlegroup gain an additional die on attack and damage rolls against target model/unit, discard the lowest die in each roll.|
| Spirit Door
|Choose a model in the caster's battlegroup that is in its control range. Immediately place that model completely within 2" of the caster. If the chosen model is the caster, immediately place it completely within 2" of another model in its battlegroup that was in its control range at the time the spell was cast. A model cannot advance or attack after being placed by Spirit Door this turn.|
Feat : Starstrike Calibration
- Aurora and friendly Faction models with Flight activating within Aurora’s control range gain +2 SPD.
- Additionally, while in Aurora's control range, friendly Faction models with Flight gain +2 to damage rolls against enemy models without Flight.
Starstrike Calibration lasts for one turn.
Thoughts on Aurora2
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Aurora2 in a nutshell
Aurora 2 is "Air Superiority the Caster".
Her design is meant to reflect her controlling the skies above her enemies, and striking hard from advantageous positions. Her three battle directives affect not only herself (as she is in her own command range and has flight), but also her flying forces. She is meant to play as a mid-field caster, buffing her army as she moves up and occasionally takes ranged or magic attacks. Her ranged attack accuracy is not supposed to be a core strength, hence RAT 5. When the going gets tough, she can hold her own in melee with solid defensive stats and a respectable MAT.
Additionally, Aurora has a new form of Limited Battlegroup you will see repeated on two other models in this CID (in varying forms). She can take both Convergence and Mercenary warjacks in her battlegroup, and those models count as the same Faction as she does. Thus, in a Merc army Aurora is a Merc and all of her jacks count as Mercs. In a Convergence army, Partisan triggers, thus Aurora is a Convergence model, and all of the warjacks in her battlegroup count as Convergence.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- A large base makes her a difficult caster to screen.
- She can't take character warjacks. So she can't have Rocinante in Soldiers of Fortune. (Although she'll probably never be played in that theme.)
Tricks & Tips
List Building Advice
- Released 2019.10 (beta)
Other Faction models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2019.11|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the rules are finalised - juckto.