|We have 1297 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Archnumen Aurora |
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given on day 1 of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Aurora2
- 3 List Building Advice
- 4 Other
- Mercenary - This model will work for Convergence
- Partisan [Convergence] - When included in a Convergence army, this model/unit is a Convergence model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Warcaster - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome. (Click the link for a full rundown.)
- Living Convergence - Unlike most of Convergence, this model is still flesh and blood.
- Battle Directives - Like Battle Plans but work on multiple models at once:
- Ascension Command - While in her command range, flying models gain Above it All (ignore blast damage) and Flying High.
- Phantom Protocol - While in her command, flying models gain Dodge and Reposition 5".
- Suppression Initiative - While in her command range, flying non-huge based models gain Dual Attack.
- Limited Battlegroup - The only warjacks that can be in this model's battlegroup are non-character Convergence and non-character Mercenary warjacks. Warjacks in its battlegroup are considered to be the same Faction as this model..
- Repairable - This model can be targeted with Repair special actions as if it were a construct model.
- Inertial Destabilizer - 11" range, 4" AOE, POW 13, ranged weapon
- Damage Type: Magical
- Free Fall - Enemy Flying models hit by this lose flight and are knocked down
- Thermionuc Lance - 2" reach, POW 6, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical
- Free Fall - As above
| Arcane Propulsion
|Target Warjack in caster's battlegroup gains +2" to Normal Movement, +2 DEF, and Flight.|
| Bladed Gale
|Models hit with this spray lose Flight for one round.|
| Hand of Destruction
|Friendly models in this model's battlegroup gain an additional die on attack and damage rolls against target model/unit, discard the lowest die in each roll.|
| Spirit Door
|Choose a model in the caster's battlegroup that is in its control range. Immediately place that model completely within 2" of the caster. If the chosen model is the caster, immediately place it completely within 2" of another model in its battlegroup that was in its control range at the time the spell was cast. A model cannot advance or attack after being placed by Spirit Door this turn.|
Feat : Starstrike Calibration
- Aurora and friendly Faction models with Flight activating within Aurora’s control range gain +2 SPD.
- Additionally, while in Aurora's control range, friendly Faction models with Flight gain +2 to damage rolls against enemy models without Flight.
Starstrike Calibration lasts for one turn.
Thoughts on Aurora2
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Aurora2 in a nutshell
Aurora 2 was originally concieved as THE air superiority warcaster. As such, most of what she does supports flying models. As she is only able to give Flight to a single non-flying model, she is steered strongly toward Angels, Negators, Tesselators, Void Archons and Ssphyxious4.
To these models she grants strong protection from shooting and high maneuverability. Then she feats and sends in the army to wreck shop. Her army is slower than her other incarnation's, but harder to shoot and more warjack-heavy.
+2 speed and +2 damage against non-flyers is pretty straightforward. It only works on flying models so your whole army should fly.
- Arcane Propulsion isn't super strong. Mercenary and Convergence heavies are low DEF, so +2 DEF is of marginal help. The Mariner and the Swabber are the best chouces having innate DEF 12 and the ability to use Dual Attack effectively when she uses Suppression Initiative.
- Bladed Gale is expensive, though you might cast it once in a blue moon.
- Hand of Destruction is her outout boost and steers you toward a large battlegroup to take advantage.
- Spirit door yanks a battlegroup model out of the fire and sets up interesting plays.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- A large base makes her a difficult caster to screen.
- She can't take character warjacks. So she can't have Rocinante in Soldiers of Fortune. (Although she'll probably never be played in that theme.)
- She does nothing for any model without flight.
- Her dual attack directive mainly only works on Angels where it is lackluster.
Tricks & Tips
- You can use Bladed Gale or her gun to ground enemy flying models for a turn, then feat and have your army enjoy +2 to damage rolls against them. This is especially good against pesky Archons.
- Keep in mind her damage buff works on guns as well!
- Her giving Dual attack to a ranged heavy acts as another form of threat extention; you can trample for an extra 3" of movement then shoot.
List Building Advice
She will mosly play in the Strange Bedfellows theme because that's where all the flying models are and Void Archons are friendly faction.
- Void Archons, no less that two. They are everything she could every want. They fly and are incredible shooting pieces, able to shoot 10" sprays at POW 16 on feat turn, then back up 5" with the reposition directive. Flying High keeps them save from shooting on the way in, which is their main weakness.
- Hermit of Hengehold - He can give her effective FOCUS 9 HoDs or Bladed Gales. Or contribute to ARM cracking with his Master of Ruin aura.
- Carrion Thralls - The main work units for her thanks to Finisher.
- Asphyxious the Sanctified & Annihilation Servitors - Another great work piece that also applies Dark Shroud with his servitors and thus powers up your Carriorn Thralls.
- Necrosurgeons can add to play new Carrion Thralls. Keep in mind you can go over the model limit in the units this way.
- Mechanithralls - Cheap fodder for your surgeons and a way to bring Brute Thralls as Shield Guards.
- Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - An Arc Node is vital for landing crucial Hands of Destructions while keeping Aurora safe. The buff to induction is also appreciated if you run her with Vectors.
- A combined arms jack with a good gun and strong melee weapon to make use of her upkeep and Dual Attack directive. A Mariner, Rover, Monitor or Cipher fits the bill. A Mangler will appreciate the speed and damage buff, as well.
- Flying jacks that make use of her feat and other directives. Tesselators can form a very strong gun line on her feat turn, able to shoot 4 times each at POW 12-14 with Hand of Destruction depending on the target. With the correct directive they can also back up 5" after shooting.
- A Corollary is near mandatory for focus support. Remember it can give focus to merc jacks as well.
- Released 2019.10 (beta)
Other Faction models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2020.03|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the rules are finalised - juckto.