Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
|We have 1213 articles and 91% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Crucible Guard Assault Troopers (one year review)||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc (one year review)||Cinerators CA (one year review)||Exemplar Warder (one year review)|
| Allegiant of the Order of the Fist |
Disdaining weapons and wearing little armour, these expert pugilists effortlessly evade rifle fire, deflect enemy blades, and counterattack with a series of rapid kicks and punches. By the time a monk reaches the vaunted rank of allegiant, he has fused his faith with unwavering discipline and absolute self-control to become one of the most dangerous weapons in the Protectorate arsenal.
|Allegiant of the Order of the Fist|
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Shifting Sands Stance - The Allegiant can forfeit either its Normal Movement or Combat Action to gain +4 DEF. Also, if an enemy misses it, the Allegiant can make a full advance.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
- Steady - This model cannot be knocked down.
- Punching Gauntlet (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee wepaons.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
Thoughts on Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist in a nutshell
A cheap combat solo that moves fast and hits hard. Warjacks may not tremble at the monk's approach, but nearly everything else will.
He is either fast (when you're not using the Stance) or obnoxious to remove (when you are using the Stance), often making your opponent expend more resources than his point cost may seem to warrant.
He is excellent at mopping up infantry, fearlessly heading deep into enemy territory, and also great at contesting or holding scenario pieces. He is also good at hunting enemy solos.
The Allegiant has a wide utility in almost any Protectorate list, and for his very economical price he is worth taking whenever you can. In fact take two!
Combos & Synergies
- Slow moving models. If you have a fast army they'll leave the Allegiant in their dust.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- At MAT 7 and effective POW 12 the Allegiant is not terribly destructive.
- Any anti-infantry tech that doesn't have to roll to hit (e.g. Electro-Leaps or blast damage) are likely to kill the Allegiant.
- The Allegiant is surprisingly slow because he wants to Stance every turn.
- Out of stance he's a walking casualty (but this can be worth it if it lets you charge and kill an expensive solo)
Tricks & Tips
- The Allegiant normally doesn't get to attack if in stance, and if not in stance is basically a casualty. So draw the enemy onto you.
- Walk into the way of enemy jacks/beasts; the allegiant is really annoying to remove.
- If you're not already in Combat, use your Stance and move into melee with an enemy - even if that enemy isn't a particularly worthwhile target. You'll have the option next turn of either attacking, side-stepping, and stancing again; or stancing then walking away (eating a low-risk free strike) to move into melee with someone more worthwhile.
- He works better when alone - your opponent's best move is often to ignore the Allegiant and kill everything around him. You don't get anything "out" of your Stance if you're not being attacked, so make the monk the only thing in range that can be attacked!
- His high DEF when in Stance means most opponents won't target him unless they have a way to boost. Subsequently if the troops in front of the monk can't boost, feel free to get nice and close to them.
Released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other Protectorate models
Rules Clarification : Weapon Master - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Advance Deployment - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Parry - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)