Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex |
Among the most important but demanding tasks carried out by the living priests of the Convergence is the deployment of algorithmic dispersion arrays—devices that increase the reach of a warcaster’s arcane spells well beyond normal tolerances. By carefully modulating the dispersion array’s frequencies, the optifex acts as a transmitter through which the warcaster can bolster his battlegroup or strike down enemy targets.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
- 3 Other
|Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex|
- Living Convergence - Note that this model is a living model (unlike most of Convergence's forces).
- Channeler [Friendly Faction warcaster] - While this model is in a friendly Faction warcaster's control range, the warcaster can channel spells through this model.
- Induction Relay - While in this model’s command range, when a friendly Faction warjack with an interface node gives focus to another warjack, increase the Focus Induction range by 3˝.
- Iron Sentinel - While B2B with a friendly Faction warjack, this model gains +2 DEF and ARM and cannot become knocked down.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Other Factions
- Mercenary players can also use this model via the Strange Bedfellows theme. As before it gains Swift Vengeance.
No changes since 2020.02
Thoughts on Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex in a nutshell
Four words: very cheap arc node. Cue mad scientist cackling. If you are playing a spell slinger or need to run a large battlegroup you will want them, if you are playing someone like Axis you probably won’t. With a 3 for 1 Requisition option in Destruction Initiative they offer great versatility, especially when cycling buffs and in Strange Bedfellows they are surprisingly nimble with swift vengeance, allowing for some very aggressive spell casting.
The improved induction range allows you to spread your battlegroup further and when B2B with a Vector they are harder to kill than you may think, unfortunately to use both of these abilities to their maximum potential requires a bit of finesse with your order of activation.
Combos & Synergies
- Syntherion always needs a couple: his armies are vector-heavy, so you need to extend your casting range to support them.
- Magnetic Hold is a powerful spell but has medium-short range, so casting it directly will often get him killed.
- Locke with her out of activation movement the increased range of induction helps keep the army ticking.
- casting Jackhammer can be tough with a range of 6, channelling it makes things so much easier.
- Other warcasters (except Directrix who should just try and squeeze in a Diffuser or Galvanizer) will want to extend their casting range.
- Although they can’t attack swift vengeance from Strange Bedfellows is a great threat extension for a spell based assassination.
- A big problem vectors have is that melee vectors often want to charge too far forward to induct backwards. An extra 3" of range really helps.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It has no offensive output whatsoever - don't overload your army with support pieces!
- It's very fragile, even an Electroleap is enough to kill it if it is not hugging a nearby Vector.
- Iron Sentinel wants you close to Vectors and Induction Relay needs you away from them to apply the effect to as many Vectors as possible.
- Induction Relay is only useful if you are running multiple Jacks with induction nodes which is less likely in strange bedfellows.
Tricks & Tips
- You can run and channel. So they are faster than they look.
- They can be kept back and used to apply buffs so you can split your battlegroup.
Released in Forces of Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss (2013)
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2020.08|
Channeler - LOS
Caster - Attack roll
Stealth - It affects both LOS and the attack roll