From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Admonition)
| Admonition - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target a model in the caster's battlegroup. If an enemy model advances & ends its movement within 6" of that model, it can immediately advance up to 3" ignoring free strikes, but then Admonition expires.
| Edit description
Rules Clarification: : Admonition (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
| * What does trigger Admonition
- Admonition triggers off any advance, not just in-activation stuff. You could even trigger your Admonition off an enemy's Admonition!
- Standing still but changing facing is an advance.
- What doesn't trigger Admonition
- Aiming, or forfeiting your movement, is not advancing.
- If a model doesn't move, doesn't change facing, doesn't aim ... does nothing but skips straight ahead to its Combat Action, this is not an advance. (Infernal Ruling)
- Being placed (such as Teleport) is not an advance.
- Involuntary movement (being slammed, thrown, or pushed) is not an advance.
- You don't have to trigger Admonition the first time an enemy moves nearby - you can save it until it best suits you. (Infernal Ruling)
- Countercharge vs. Admonition (etc) ( Edit )
- You can trigger Countercharge during your own activation - if a model with Admonition (or similar) uses it to (try to) move away.
- You move, they trigger admonition and move, you trigger countercharge off their admonition-move.
- In this scenario you may boost Countercharge attacks and trigger only-during-activation effects (such as Critical Shred & Sustained Attack) exactly as if you were in your activation (because you are).
- Also, you can potentially get two charge attacks (one for your normal charge, one for the counter charge).
- Countercharge plus Admonition
- If a model has both CC and Admonition, it can trigger both at the same time. A model moves nearby, it admonitions away, then countercharges back in.
- Battlegroup members (Edit)
- Spells that target/affect "models in the battlegroup" can also target/will also affect the caster, the caster's unit (if they have one), and the caster's Companion (if they have one).
- It won't target/affect models which are Attached, though.
Pages in category "Admonition"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.