From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Admonition)
|When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of target model in the spellcaster's battlegroup, the affected model can immediately advance up to 3", then Admonition expires. The affected model cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.
||Edit this spell template
Rules Clarification: : Admonition (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
| * What does trigger Admonition
- Admonition triggers off any advance, not just in-activation stuff. You could even trigger your Admonition off an enemy's Admonition!
- Standing still but changing facing is an advance.
- What doesn't trigger Admonition
- Aiming, or forfeiting your movement, is not advancing.
- If a model doesn't move, doesn't change facing, doesn't aim ... does nothing but skips straight ahead to its Combat Action, this is not an advance. (Infernal Ruling)
- Being placed (such as Teleport) is not an advance.
- Involuntary movement (being slammed, thrown, or pushed) is not an advance.
- You don't have to trigger Admonition the first time an enemy moves nearby - you can save it until it best suits you. (Infernal Ruling)
- Countercharge within your own activation ( Edit )
- You can trigger Countercharge during your own activation, but only if an enemy model somehow triggers their own move. For instance, you move towards a model with Admonition and they trigger that to try to move away. (You do a normal move, they trigger admonition and move, you trigger countercharge from their admonition-move.)
- In this scenario you may boost Countercharge attacks and trigger only-during-activation effects (such as Critical Shred & Sustained Attack) exactly as if you were in your activation (because you are).
- Also, you can potentially get two charge attacks (one for your normal charge, one for the counter charge). (Infernal Ruling)
This ruling still applies even after the 2018.07 update (Infernal Re-ruling)
- Countercharge plus Admonition
- If a model has both CC and Admonition, it can trigger both at the same time. A model moves nearby, it admonitions away, then countercharges back in.
- Battlegroup members (Edit)
- Spells that target/affect "models in the battlegroup" can also target/will also affect the caster, the caster's unit (if they have one), and the caster's Companion (if they have one).
- It won't target/affect models which are Attached, though.
Pages in category "Admonition"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.